Candlestick Chart

If you think you've found a mistake in the software, tell us here

Candlestick Chart

Postby madsoncordeiro » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:18 pm

Hello.

I wanted to know why when I put the TRIX indicator on the candlestick chart the candles get small.

Chart with the TRIX indicator (pink):

1.jpg

Chart without the TRIX indicator:

2.jpg

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
madsoncordeiro

Re: Candlestick Chart

Postby Gavin » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:36 am

Thanks for notifying me of that. It is a bug. The software should have plotted the triple-EMA (TRIX) indicator in its own chart area because it behaves like an oscillator and will usually have small values just above or below zero. With values like that it does not belong in the main chart area where the price is plotted, because it is of a different magnitude (hence the scale looks so strange). The fix will be included in the next version of Cymatic, which will be published in due course when it is ready to be released. It will then look something like the picture shown below.

I'm still working on it, because as you will see below, the y-axis of the triple-EMA chart area sometimes doesn't show any numbers along it (it's scale is not labelled). This happens whenever the values are extremely small (e.g. 0.001, 0.002, etc).

The uploaded picture is a bit large, so you might need to scroll down below the volume bars, to see the triple-EMA chart area.

Kind regards,

Gavin

TripleExponentialMovingAverage.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby madsoncordeiro » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:04 am

Hi Gavin.

This way it is in the image you put, it will be perfect. If it's not asking too much, I ask about the possibility of adding an average along with the TRIX indicator (both stay in the same area, one cutting the other over time). I say this because I am trying to adapt the knowledge from the financial market to Betfair. I have a setup for the financial market and I am looking to apply it on Betfair with the help of Cymatic software and its functionalities. I even posted a thread on the forum (topic2110.html). At the time, I didn't know that the TRIX indicator was already inside Cymatic (sorry for the failure).

Therefore, if possible, I ask you to include these features (new indicators, average in the same area as indicators that are separated from candlesticks, the negative and positive standard deviation for Bollinger Band, and add smoothed average in Stochastic indicator).

If that is not possible, I will continue with Cymatic anyway, as it is the most complete software for Betfair in terms of graphical analysis.

Sorry for the many requests and the insistence.

Thank you so much Gavin for providing us with this great software.
madsoncordeiro

Postby Gavin » Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:32 am

Hi madsoncordeiro,

The problem has now been fixed by the new version 6.28.2.0 that was released tonight. See the full release notes (version 6.28.2.0)

Please note that I didn't have time to implement the other suggestions that you proposed in your most recent message.

As usual, the program will automatically update itself to the new version, next time you start the program.

Thanks again for spotting that bug.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Bugs