Betfairs 2020 US Election decision

Discuss any other sports here. Ignore tiddlywinks please, it has neither gambling nor cheerleaders.

Betfairs 2020 US Election decision

Postby cashino1951 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:37 pm

Hi everyone,

Anyone care to comment about Betfair's decision to call the 2020 election for Biden before the constitutional process has played out?
It seems all social media is busting with this topic, could they have shot themselves in the foot?
Anyone on here bet for Trump?
Any thoughts?

Cheers
cashino1951

Re: Betfairs 2020 US Election decision

Postby Gavin » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:31 pm

I glanced at that market once and saw that it had some decent money in it, but I didn't get round to trading it.

It certainly is bizarre how long it takes to get that election result. I suppose Betfair must have decided to make their own mind up about what the result seems to be and then settled the markets. Its a difficult one.
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: Betfairs 2020 US Election decision

Postby cashino1951 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:11 pm

Hi Gavin,
Thanks for the reply, yes it is a difficult one to say the least. It seems Betfair have positioned the winning post where they want it to be!
I believe they have been duped by main stream media and as you say , pressure to settle the market and not let the constitutional process play out!
The consequences of this action could be monumental. If Trump goes on to win they leave themselves wide open to multi million pounds court actions from
their client base.
I myself have just started a complaints procedure with them to register my disagreement with their decision, as should anyone else who bet on Trump.
I will try and keep this forum up to date with any developments.

Cheers
cashino1951

Return to Other