not responding - RESOLVED

For software support - get help from Cymatic and the community

not responding - RESOLVED

Postby hussar2 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:54 am

hi gavin markets not loading as per normal keep getting cymatic not responding. hussar2
hussar2

Re: not responding

Postby hussar2 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:01 pm

turned everything off twice still the same takes 30 seconds to load a market needs sorting asap please really very frustrating. hussar2
hussar2

Postby Gavin » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:42 pm

This looks like a Betfair problem. Nothing has been changed in the software.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:22 pm

I have reported this to Betfair to ask them if they are aware of an issue, or whether they have changed something that may have caused the problem.

I have tested it myself and it appears to be intermittent.

A user reported this as affecting UK horse racing. Are you seeing the problem on other markets too?

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby hussar2 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:34 am

Hi Gavin Yes on All markets i am only doing horse racing but it is very bad, hussar2
hussar2

Postby Gavin » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:03 am

Hi hussar2,

I worked on this through the night because I realise it is bad. I discovered that there is a problem with horse racing markets because Betfair are failing to provide the silks images in a timely manner. This has a knock on effect in the software which I am currently working around. I anticipate releasing a new version today, which will load markets without any delay, but it might not always display all the silks images if they can't be downloaded a timely manner. I will do the best possible, given the difficulty.

I suspect that the Betfair server that provides the silks images for horse racing, needs to be rebooted. Or their security software which prevents distributed denial of service attacks (DDOS) is fighting off a lot of attackers.

I am also still waiting for a comment back from Betfair, but I hope to release a new software version to workaround the problem regardless of whether the reply quickly or not.

A second problem was affecting other horse racing markets that don't have silks. This was because Betfair provide information that indicates silks exists for those markets, but there are no silks when the software tries to download them.

Only the US horse racing markets were avoiding these problems. I'm currently addressing both problems.

Thanks for your patience.

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:30 pm

I have received the following reply from Betfair:

"We are aware of the issue and the teams are currently working on a fix. The issue is due to a problem with our content server but is talking a little longer to fix than expected.

I'll let you know once this has been done."
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby hussar2 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:58 pm

Hi Gavin Been using for last 2 hours and have had no more probs so thanks to all concerned in fixing. Hussar2
hussar2

Postby Gavin » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:15 am

Hi Hussar2,

The new version has been released tonight to ensure that the software doesn't experience any problems if Betfair's content server misbehaves again in the future. It won't slow the software down anymore.

There is also the option to turn off downloading the silks images in the main menu: File | Settings | Layouts tab.

Version 6.25.0.0 Release notes

Thanks for your all your helpful input in this matter and your patience.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: not responding - RESOLVED

Postby hussar2 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:28 am

Hi Gavin Thanks Hussar2
hussar2

Next

Return to General Help / Support