How do I fix my graphs - RESOLVED

If you think you've found a mistake in the software, tell us here

How do I fix my graphs - RESOLVED

Postby Jamesuesername » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:21 pm

Hello Gavin,

Often my technical graphs no longer scroll in line with the current price. I end up with something like this...
Graphs.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jamesuesername

Re: How do I fix my graphs

Postby Gavin » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:47 am

I'm struggling to find a reason for that, because I can't reproduce it. The graph is supposed to always automatically adjust the vertical axis so that all of the data fits within the vertical height of the chart area.

It might be easier to understand the problem if I could see the tools at the top of the chart but they are minimised in your picture. Have you done any zooming using the zoom buttons, or turned off horizontal scrolling?

The chart should reset its vertical size upon every new tick and also every time you do things to the chart such as dragging its borders to resize the window, or clicking the Reset Zoom button in the toolbar, or scrolling horizontally. Do any of those things reset the vertical zoom positioning for you?

Does this only happen after the chart has been open for a long time (all 200 candles)?

Does this only happen when you've made the window quite small?

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Jamesuesername » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:29 am

adjusting the window seems to have fixed the problem, I'm sure I've tried that before :lol:, not sure why its corrected itself now. Thanks anyway
Jamesuesername

Postby Gavin » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:25 am

Great, I'm glad that helped :ugeek:
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Jamesuesername » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:24 pm

I spoke too soon, no matter the size of the window the problem re-occurs.
Jamesuesername

Postby Gavin » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:58 pm

Hi James,

Yes, unfortunately my suggestion that fix it are just a workaround, they won't stop it recurring. I just gave you some possible ways to reset the graph once the problem occurs.

I haven't been able to reproduce the problem which makes it very hard to find the reason why it occurs. If you happen to notice any patterns, or particular settings you have chosen that are not default, then please tell me so that I have some more clues.

Thanks,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:35 pm

Hi James,

I noticed this problem occuring today for me. I was watching a 5 second time-frame candle-stick chart. To clear the problem away, I switched the timeframe to 1 second then back to 5 seconds. It is just a workaround.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:48 pm

Hi again James,

I think I've now found the underlying cause of the problem and fixed it in the code. So when the next version of Cymatic is released, this fix will be included.

In the meantime, you might need to use the workaround mentioned in my previous message earlier today.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: How do I fix my graphs - RESOLVED

Postby Gavin » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:10 am

Hi again and Happy New Year.

The chart problem should now be fixed in the new version that was released today (v6.26.0.5).

Thanks again for reporting it.

Happy trading,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Bugs