Premium version?

General announcements and other important news

Premium version?

Postby Gavin » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:43 pm

Cymatic has become a very complex program, packed with some great features, some of which are not available in other low priced programs. Maintaining these features and adding new ones takes a considerable investment of time, but I want to continue to offer a very low priced product that is affordable to everyone. The price of Cymatic has never been increased despite inflation and all of the costs of the business going up. I am therefore starting to consider whether the Cymatic software should be offered at two different pricing levels, a low priced Trader version and a higher priced Premium version. The Trader version would continue to be priced at a very low level, perhaps similar to the current price and include most of the features used by most traders. The Premium version would have a noticeably higher price, to help cover the cost of maintaining, supporting and improving some of the most advanced features and for adding more innovations above the standard level. It is just a thought at this stage, but I'd welcome any feedback on the idea please.

Best regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: Premium version?

Postby pnr8uk » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:47 am

Interested.
pnr8uk

Postby Gavin » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:48 pm

Hi Paul,

Thanks for expressing interest.

Trader version

Perhaps a trader/standard version would keep the main trading features that hopefully already make Cymatic software rather desirable at such a low price:

• Unbeatable speed (0ms interval).
  • Position in Queue (PIQ).
  • Multiple Markets.
  • Single and Multiple ladders window.
  • Multiple Grids, both narrow and wide.
  • All the most advanced charting options.
  • All SP prices (near SP, far SP and actual BSP).
  • Right click and one-click options.
  • Full features of the Tools panel for managed betting (offsets, stop losses, fill or kill, etc).
  • Rapid keyboard betting options.
  • The full features of the ladder, grid and all their customizable options.
  • Real money and demo modes.
  • Navigation filters and search, My Markets and Managed Markets.
  • All the other customizable settings such as colours, sounds, ability to hide and shrink different panels, etc.
  • API monitoring with automatic emailed warnings and reports.
  • Market log, showing profit per market.
  • Betting history tab.
  • Account statement tab.
  • Error log and Status Log.
  • All customisable stakes and hedging/greening options.
  • All supported languages (English, Portuguese and Russian).

Premium Version

All of the suggested trader features, plus these features:

• The robot that works on the ladder.
  • The football odds predictor.
  • The Excel link.
  • The autopilot.

Some ideas for possible new features to be implemented in the premium version eventually:

• Live tennis scores.
  • Tennis odds predictor, for real-time prediction of the expected 'true' odds at each stage in-play, before the point is even played. For betting on tennis odds in-play.
  • Displaying in Excel up to 20 pieces of extra information about each horse (form, official rating, trainer, age, sire, last run, etc). It would make it easier for users to implement their statistical strategies on horse racing. Currently being developed.
  • Displaying live tennis scores and incidents in Excel.
  • Enhancements to the robot that works on the ladder.

These are just initial thoughts, not necessarily going to happen.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby pnr8uk » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:41 pm

Live tennis and football scores and please cricket scores!!

Auto sort of positions on the grid once race starts, Fairbot does this and it's awesome watching the position change in realtime.

I would love to see those extra features.
pnr8uk

Postby adenlark » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:13 pm

Hi Gavin

I'm not a regular Cymatic user anymore, but wanted to throw my two pence in anyway. A premium version sounds like a good idea, as there are advanced features in some software that manual traders may never use. A few thoughts on your list though - one other software vendor includes an Excel link with BSP, tennis scores and other optional data pushed to Excel, all for £6 a month. If this was a premium option in Cymatic, I would not come back to Cymatic, simple as that. I occasionally use lesser-known software that includes live scores for football and tennis, and the option to write my own automation files and connect them via an exposed API (technical stuff currently above my paygrade!), all for about $30 a year, so Cymatic has competition... That said, if you did expose the API via Cymatic, as discussed here some years ago, I think that would be a candidate for a premium version.
TLDR suggestions:
- keep Excel in the Trader version
- move football odds predictor, tennis odds predictor, automated bot(s) to premium version
- maybe move some advanced keyboard shortcuts to the Premium version, keeping basics like Cancel All, Cancel Back/Lay and Green Up/Hedge options in the Trader version
Wealth can neither be created nor destroyed. It is simply transferred from one illusion to another. - some guy on the internet
adenlark

Postby Gavin » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:34 pm

Hi Adenlark,

Thanks very much for your detailed feedback, it is all very helpful and interesting to hear. I would certainly be giving a lot of thought to these matters before deciding any future plans.

Best regards and seasons greetings,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby pnr8uk » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:53 am

How are the plans for the Premium Version coming?

Something else I would love to see are the full trading charts from Betfair

This would be great to see (below)

pnr8uk

Postby Gavin » Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:11 am

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately I don't a major progress update on the premium version yet. I have been identifying some more features that I might add to a premium version, such as perhaps revealing the expected true odds for the 'place' market in horse racing based on a mathematical calculation. I'm also brewing an idea for adding a market profiling tool, which I think will be quite unique, but details of the idea are not being made public yet.

Thanks for the picture. I haven't forgotten that you mentioned that a while ago. By the way, you might already know this but those Betfair charts are broken and have been so for some time, even on their website. They sometimes dance backwards and forwards strangely. I reported it to Betfair some time ago but they still haven't fixed it.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby RoB » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:22 pm

Hi Gavin,

If the Premium version is necessary for the Excel link, I'd be disappointed... and would reluctantly take a look elsewhere.

I certainly hope not.

Rob
RoB

Postby Gavin » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:56 pm

Hi Rob,

I appreciate your feedback on this. It is helpful to know.

If things like that do change, then would not be particularly soon. I would certainly give very careful thought before deciding whether to migrate existing features over to a premium version.

It obviously isn't an easy choice to make, because I have to balance the different sides, 1) investing time into maintaining and evolving the software product to keep offering users a profitable edge at such a low cost, and 2) assuring a decent income for Cymatic so that I can afford to do all that.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Announcements by Cymatic