Accuracy of working or unmatched bets in demo mode

For software support - get help from Cymatic and the community

Accuracy of working or unmatched bets in demo mode

Postby Mweyawa » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:27 pm

Hi Gavin. This probably sounds like a silly question, but I'm contemplating placing large (£50-£100) lay stakes so I need to make sure I'm not making an error. If a bet shows as matched in demo mode, does it automatically mean it will always have been accepted by Betfair if it had been placed "live"? I know unmatched bets show in the "working bets" section at top right, but is that infallible, or will it sometimes happen that the demo shows a bet as matched when in fact it would not have been accepted by Betfair?
This is particularly important if one is in-play and placing a back bet in order to cash out.
Many thanks for your help in this, David
Mweyawa

Re: Accuracy of working or unmatched bets in demo mode

Postby Gavin » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:07 pm

Hi David,

The demo mode is a close simulation of what would happen with real bets, but it cannot be regarded as a perfect replication of what would happen with real money. For example, the demo mode looks at the money available in the real market and if possible simulates an instant match without sending a bet submission over the internet. Whereas a real bet has to travel over the internet for a number of milliseconds, during which time the money available at the exchange might have changed.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: Accuracy of working or unmatched bets in demo mode

Postby Mweyawa » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:10 pm

Thanks for that, Gavin. A very clear explanation. Best wishes, David
Mweyawa

Return to General Help / Support