Setting maximum odds per race

Ask anything without feeling silly. Beginners are very welcome!

Setting maximum odds per race

Postby fearless » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:51 pm

Hi Gavin

Thanks for the reply, no problem with the delay I'm never in a rush, to long in the tooth for that! :lol:

I have been reading the help files and can't work out the solution to my problem. What I want to do is set the maximum odds that the bot fires of the bet. If the odds drift from those set I want it to cancel the bet. If the odds green up from those set I still want the bet to fire.

Example 1:- Today's race 13:15 Goodwood Selection Lullaby Moon. I want to set the Maximum odds to 3.74 so the the bot will fire off the bet if those odds are matched or they are less than those set at say 2 seconds before the off and not fire off the bet if the set odds are exceeded. Bot should fire as it went off at 2.88 - Lullaby Moon went on to win as it should have done going by my logic.

Example 2:- Newmarket 14:05 Summerghand Max odds would have been set to 2.87 it went off at 3.66 so bot shouldn't fire as the odds drifted. Summerghand lost, again as it should have going by my logic.

When the jumps season gets underway I will be backing a lot of short priced favourites and need to be able to do this for nearly every race I select. Can you help?

Please answer when you have time in the simplest terms possible please as if you are dealing with an idiot. I'm not but just a bit slow to understand sometimes!! (it's an age thing) :oops:

Many thanks in advance
Fred
fearless

Re: Setting maximum odds per race

Postby Gavin » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:10 am

Hi Fred,

You can use the IF formula in Excel. That will enable you to only submit a bet if the odds are at a particular level. You can put the IF statement in the 'command' column cells.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Newbie Island