Keyboard shortcuts - ADDED

Ideas for new features. All suggestions are very welcome, thank you.

Re: Keyboard shortcuts - ADDED

Postby Angelo » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:11 am

Just as the keyboard shortcuts available for Centering Ladder (M) and Centering All Ladders (Enter), to make the ladders instantly scroll to the middle, is it possible for providing shortcuts to instantly scroll to the very top and to the very bottom of the ladder?

Currently, it is possible by pressing CTRL + HOME and then the END key / by pressing CTRL + END and then the HOME key. It involves using keyboard twice. I wish there is a single key available for each of these [just as 'M' and 'Enter' keys] to reach the ends of the ladder to Back at odds of (say) 990 and to Lay at odds of (say) 1.07 . I mean, directly moving to the respective far ends of the Back/Lay COLUMN, instead of pressing the Home and End keys after pressing Ctrl+End and Ctrl+Home keys respectively.

Thanks.
Angelo

Postby Gavin » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:08 am

Yes I think it would be feasible to add those extra key combinations in a future version, but there might be some other alternatives that work for you already:

How about using CTRL + Up Arrow, or CTRL + Down Arrow?

At the moment these take you to the top (or bottom) of the column which currently contains the cell pointer.

I was thinking of adapting these key combinations (CTRL + Up Arrow, and CTRL + Down Arrow) in a future version to jump only as far as the beginning or end of the next continuous section of data, in other words to jump gaps in data (similar to how they work in Excel). However that is not likely to be something I do soon, so you could use them at the moment for jumping to the top or bottom of columns if that is helpful.

For example, if the cell pointer is already in the desired column, then you would only need to do one key action to get to the top or bottom of the column.

Another option that you could consider, is to reorder the columns, then continue using just CTRL + HOME or CTRL + END. To move columns around on the ladder you can drag the column header. So perhaps you could arrange the columns in such a way that you would only need one key action? Although this would might not suit you if you don't want to have the back and lay columns switch positions.

You could also consider removing some columns if they are in the way. You can choose the columns that are included on the ladder by going to 'Columns' section the menu of the ladder.

Any changes that you make to the column positions, or which columns are displayed, can all be saved in a ladder layout file and saved as default if so desired.

Are you using the mouse to place the bet at 990 or 1.07, after using the keys to jump to that general area? Or do you intend to move to the exact cell and then hit the space bar to send the bet with the keyboard?

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Angelo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:21 pm

Hello Gavin,

Thanks for the elaborate reply.

Using CTRL + Up Arrow, or CTRL + Down Arrow does not seem to suit my needs which is consecutively hovering the mouse over the ladder and pressing a single key to land me in the desired cell. What I want to be done is using a shortcut key (say) l to take to the Lower side of the ladder (first fig. below) and a shortcut key (say) u to take to the Upper side of the ladder (second fig. below) - highlighting the cells, as in the figures, so that I can have some 'anchor' to rely on. [This is somewhat similar to what you have said at topic1539-10.html#p7001 which I came across just an hour before.]

222.jpg

333.jpg

The fact that the columns can be rearranged is new to me, and after a few trials, I could achieve what I wanted with key strokes of CTRL + HOME and CTRL + END . This of course results in switching positions of the back and lay columns, but it does not matter for my current purpose, and hence I will use it.

That said, this does not resemble using single-key shortcuts like m and Enter for Centering Ladder and Centering All Ladders respectively. Pressing CTRL key together with another key like HOME and END needs to be replaced with just only one key like s or d, in my opinion, for ease of use. Hence I am requesting replacement shortcut single-keys in lieu of CTRL + HOME and CTRL + END to achieve my purposes as depicted in the figures above. Of course, this is to be achieved without switching positions of the back and lay columns.

Once reaching and highlighting the topmost cells as in the figures, I will use either mouse or space bar to send the bet, depending on the situation. I will be using the mouse if the bet is placed at 990 or 1.07 , or using the space bar if the bet is placed at 1000 or 1.01 . [But this doesn't matter for my current purpose.]

Hope I am clear.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Angelo

Postby Gavin » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:42 am

Hi Angelo,

Thanks, yes that is clear, I can see what you wish to do and I will try to implement that in a future version when I get a chance.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Angelo » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:03 am

Thanks Gavin, for your kind consideration.
Angelo

Postby Angelo » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:15 pm

Also, since I use my above requested feature (jumping to the bottommost and topmost cells using hotkeys) frequently, I was wondering whether that can be saved as a Default Layout, just as the regular Ladder Layouts are saved. This can help in avoiding redundant pressing of the same keys every time.

That is, whenever I open a ladder, I wish the cursor to automatically go directly to and highlight the topmost/bottommost cell instead of being in the centre of the ladder.

Thanks.
Angelo

Postby Gavin » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:27 pm

Hi Angelo,

If that cell pointer location was able to be saved with the ladder layout file, it would always be in the same place, so it would have to always start in the top, or always in the bottom.

Another alternative that might be useful to more people might be too make an option for the user to choose whether the ladder's should sync with the market in the main window. So if you change the market in the main window, then all the ladders change to the corresponding selection position in the new market. That way, you wouldn't have to close the old ladders and open and set up the new ones. Ladder's opened via the button's in separate grid windows (not the grid in the main window) would be set to never sync to the main window obviously.

Does that sounds like a good idea?

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Angelo » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:49 am

Hello Gavin,

Since the cell pointer location can always start - if the user desires it - in the centre, too, it can appeal to all the users including me and the user 'faris' as per topic1539.html .

Your suggestion of 'option for the user to choose whether the ladder's should sync with the market in the main window.' is certainly most welcome by me - although it might need to be resized every time depending on the number of runners from 2 to (presumably) 20. However, I can see it as an alternative ONLY IF the cell pointer can retain its location when the market changes in the main window.

Thanks.
Angelo

Postby Gavin » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:17 am

Hi Angelo,

Thank you for your feedback on that, it is appreciated.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Suggestions