Keyboard shortcuts - ADDED

Ideas for new features. All suggestions are very welcome, thank you.

Re: Keyboard shortcuts

Postby Gavin » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:52 am

OK :)
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby adenlark » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:00 pm

Hello Gavin

I'd like to add my vote for the keyboard shortcuts mentioned, and throw in a few more suggestions for you and the Cymatic community to discuss.

Andreos wrote:Gavin,

When adding this one, two of the keys should be one to cancel all bets and other to sort by price, i.e. when clicking that key the open ladders would be ordered from right to left by lowest price and centered.

Regards

I've used a 'Cancel All Bets' shortcut in other software, and found it quite useful. There were also hotkeys to cancel all lay bets and cancel all back bets, which I rarely used.

Hotkey + mouse click to place a stop loss: As the mouse right-click is already used by the inverse bets feature, and used to move open bets on the ladder (I'm loving this feature btw, very useful and intuitive!), a keyboard and mouse click combination could be used to place a stop-loss at the desired odds.

Hotkey + mouse click to place offset bet: This would enable users to place an offset bet on a per-bet basis, when the global offset bet feature is not enabled.

Best regards

adenlark
Wealth can neither be created nor destroyed. It is simply transferred from one illusion to another. - some guy on the internet
adenlark

Postby Andreos » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:55 pm

Just to say I also still find it very useful.

Regards
Andreos

Postby Gavin » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:14 am

Thanks Adenlark, that sounds like a really good idea. When I start to add the keyboard shortcuts, I will investigate the possibility of detecting key and mouse clicks used in combination.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: Keyboard shortcuts - ADDED

Postby Gavin » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:35 pm

Good news! A new version of Cymatic has now been released that includes lots of keyboard shortcuts.

Actually I went even further than just adding all the standard keyboard shortcuts, I created a rather more comprehensive ‘Keyboard Betting’ capability with some special ‘Rapid Betting’ keys that allow you to bet even faster than just using a mouse (in some situations).

You can read all about the special keyboard betting feature here:
http://www.cymatic.co.uk/UserManual/KeyboardBettingAndShortcuts.aspx

I’m hoping to make some videos eventually to promote the concept of keyboard betting and explain how to use it. The user manual might make it sound a bit complicated, because of all the options, but I think the new keyboard betting idea is really easy to understand and use after a little practise. It should give an advantage over traders who always use just the mouse.

Adenlark, I haven't included the option to use hotkeys for setting a stop loss yet, but I like the sound of the idea and I hope to add that in a future update of this aspect.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby adenlark » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:44 pm

Well, I'd let my subscription lapse so I could take a break until the horse racing markets picked up a bit more, and do some bot testing on Betdaq. That idea has just been cancelled!

I love keyboard shortcuts and having them in Cymatic - and being able to predefine my own keys - rocks! I can see myself using Z, X, and C a lot, as well as stake up/down keys. Very useful, thanks Gavin!
Wealth can neither be created nor destroyed. It is simply transferred from one illusion to another. - some guy on the internet
adenlark

Postby Gavin » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:58 pm

Hi Adenlark,

Thanks, that is good to hear!

I can recommend that you to check out the 'Rapid Betting' keys (on the same page of the user manual mentioned above). They can really turbo charge your betting when you typically work a back and lay bet at or close to the front of the market. So it is much faster than using the mouse and it lets you move both bets around at the same time by using two hands resting on the keyboard.

As far as I know, there is nothing like the rapid betting keys in any other software package.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby adenlark » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:58 pm

Gavin wrote:As far as I know, there is nothing like the rapid betting keys in any other software package.
Gavin

Give it time... Come to think of it, the proprietor of well known trading software suggested using a gaming mouse with customizable buttons on the side, allowing existing keyboard shortcuts to be assigned to those buttons. I'll pass on that idea, thanks - too easy to have a fat thumb disaster

Middle age, wear and tear and mild RSI has given me twitchy fingers, resulting in the odd unplanned click/keystroke, so I'll stick with the Z, X, C and H keys for now and work my way up to the Rapid Betting keys.

I couldn't get the R, D Up/Down Arrow and Enter keys to work as expected. I've just double checked, and where the Predefined Stakes are set to Horizontal, these keys don't seem to work as planned. In the other two settings - Group and Hidden, they work fine - which is great as I prefer to hide the values and have more ladder visible.

You mentioned Ctrl+Home and Ctrl+ End to scroll to either end of the ladder. I accidentally discovered that Ctrl+Up/Down Arrow does the same - always good to have multiple options!

Cheers

adenlark
adenlark

Postby Gavin » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:15 pm

Hi adenlark,

Thanks for your feedback on the new features, it is interesting to hear that.

Thanks also for informing me that the R and D keys (for selecting a predefined stake) only work when the display mode of the predefined stake menu is set to either 'hidden' or 'group'. I had overlooked the 'horizontal' mode (probably because, like you, I don't use it). I have amended the user manual to explain that difference and that I intend to make it work for the 'horizontal' display mode in the next version to be released.

Thanks again,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:36 pm

Hi adenlark,

A new version of Cymatic (v6.2.0.0) has now been released in which the R and D keys (for selecting a predefined stake) now also works even when the predefined stake menu is displayed horizontally.

Thanks again for bringing it to my attention.

As usual, the software will automatically update itself the next time you open it.

With kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions