v6.18.5.0 avoids new minimum lay liability issue

Details of new versions as they are released

v6.18.5.0 avoids new minimum lay liability issue

Postby Cymatic Support » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:51 am

New version 6.18.5.0 has now been released. Includes:

• Avoids the problems caused by Betfair introducing a minimum lay liability without warning on Friday. It had caused problems sending very small lay bets, for example greening up when a small lay bet is required.
  • Updated minimum required version of Microsoft .NET Framework to 4.6.2, which does mean that Windows Vista is no longer compatible with Cymatic.
  • Shortened the text that gets put into the Subject of email messages when the software is automatically sending notifications of errors by email.
  • Updated the text of the error message that appears if a user tries to run the software on Windows XP (which is not compatible with Cymatic).
  • The software is currently unable to show live videos from the streaming provider 'Racing TV' (formerly 'Racing UK'). Some work has been done to resolve this in the near future, but we are awaiting a compatible component to be released by Microsoft.
  • Corrected the error message that appears if the software is unable to connect to Betfair's streaming service due to internet connection issues or other unknown problems.
  • Added a button to delete all saved window properties (positions etc). This is useful if the user gets into a muddle with too many windows, or just wants to revert to the factory default window positioning (i.e. letting the operating system decide where to put windows that are being opened in the software).
  • The pin value (whether a window is 'Top-Most') is now saved when the window position is being saved.
  • Made adjustments to how very small bets are created, to try to avoid the INVALID_PROFIT_RATIO error appearing in most scenarios. This message appears when a bet has a potential unfair rounding advantage.
  • Added support for a some other Betfair error codes that relate to new orders.
  • Fixed a bug in the window used to modify bets. On a few occasions, it could show the message "You cannot edit both size and price", even when only one was being edited.
  • Other internal improvements, for example in number conversion functions and added some code to prepare for hopefully using a newer browser in the future instead of Internet Explorer, for logging in and live video streaming.

As usual the software will automatically update itself next time you open it.
Cymatic Support

Re: v6.18.3.0 avoids new minimum lay liability issue

Postby Cymatic Support » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:34 am

Finally released, after an all-night job (again!). I will list the full release notes after I get some sleep...

:ugeek:
Cymatic Support

Re: v6.18.5.0 avoids new minimum lay liability issue

Postby hussar2 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:12 am

Hi Gavin
Thanks for update, working well on my price range - had a race in which i had to bet at 11 did not work on lay liability £14.67 for 3 ticks - had to revert to £2.00 stake so did another bet this is what i got :- failed to place bet error INVALID PROFIT RATIO bet details lay £1.88 @ 8.8 it seems around 10 and less it does not work. Hussar2
hussar2

Postby Cymatic Support » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:58 pm

hussar2 wrote:Hi Gavin
Thanks for update, working well on my price range - had a race in which i had to bet at 11 did not work on lay liability £14.67 for 3 ticks - had to revert to £2.00 stake so did another bet this is what i got :- failed to place bet error INVALID PROFIT RATIO bet details lay £1.88 @ 8.8 it seems around 10 and less it does not work. Hussar2

This has now been addressed in the new version 6.18.6.0. Thank you for reporting it.
Cymatic Support

Postby Cymatic Support » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:37 am

The first message above has now been edited to include the full release notes for this version.
Cymatic Support

Re: v6.18.3.0 avoids new minimum lay liability issue

Postby Derek72 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:01 am

Cymatic Support wrote:Finally released, after an all-night job (again!). I will list the full release notes after I get some sleep...

:ugeek:

Many thanks for your hard work Gavin. Betfair really treat vendors and customers with utter contempt. It beggars belief that they didn't realise people need to be informed of such a change!
Derek72

Postby Cymatic Support » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:12 am

You are very welcome. It is really nice to hear those words of appreciation, many thanks Derek.

:D
Cymatic Support

Return to Version History