Error greening up / sending small lay bets

General announcements and other important news

Error greening up / sending small lay bets

Postby Cymatic Support » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:11 am

Betfair made an emergency update to their exchange early on Friday morning (19th June 2020), without notice, to try to prevent people taking advantage of bet rounding. In other words, to stop people placing lay bets that are so small that the liability rounds down to zero.

Unfortunately it has totally prevented everyone from green up using a lay bet with a stake of less than the £0.80 (or currency equivalent). (Update on 20/6/2020, they now seem to have adjusted it to £1.60 which is even worse).

I have begun liaising with Betfair about the consequences of this and the problems that it is causing to all software users (not just Cymatic).

In the meantime, the plan here is to create a workaround in the Cymatic software and release a new version urgently.
Cymatic Support

Re: Error greening up / sending small lay bets

Postby snowman » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:20 am

Good to know, caught me out first time as race went in play, grabbed mobile phone & luckily was logged in to BF already - used their cash out button, that still worked. Kept it handy all afternoon and evening, used it to cash out every time.
If I'd been a bit more organised l could have had BF open on the computer, I will do today.
snowman

Postby hussar2 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:13 am

Hi
Thanks for update my lay liability stake is over £10 and it is still showing 101 on bets over 20s under they are being placed - no good for my way of doing things - any idea when a fix will be possible. hussar2
hussar2

Postby Cymatic Support » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:43 am

The plan is to release a new version of Cymatic very quickly, in order to implement a workaround. As some of you will have noticed, this has been worked on throughout the night, endeavouring to provide the best and fastest support to Cymatic users. Alas, it would have been nice if Betfair had given some prior notice of their intentions. Perhaps Betfair might even decide to reverse the emergency change that they made, but they have provided no information so far.
Cymatic Support

Postby Cymatic Support » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:58 am

Hi Hussar2,

It is not the liability of the bet that you want to make that causes the problem, it is the liability of that stake if it has to be submitted initially at odds of 1.01. I will explain:

All software has to follow a special procedure to avoid Betfair's minimum stake rule (£2 or currency equivalent), as follows:

1. If the small bet (for example needed to cash-out / green-up) requires a lay bet, then send a bet at odds of 1.01 for the permitted minimum stake (£2 or currency equivalent).
2. Cancel part of the bet's stake, so that it has just the small stake that you need.
3. Move the small stake to the required price to green-up (cash out).

So for example if you need to send a bet for £0.50 at odds of 20, then the 3 steps above will be followed by the software automatically, starting with a £2 bet at 1.01 (step 1). Then it cancels part of the bet, to leave £0.50 at 1.10 (step 2). It is this second step that fails, because the liability of the bet is now less than a new 'minimum liability' setting that they introduced on Friday, without warning.

A workaround is being implement as quickly as possible, that will use a higher price than 1.01 whenever possible, to avoid the problem.
Cymatic Support

Postby hussar2 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:55 pm

Hi
Thanks for reply even though i do not understand any of it (my fault not computer savvy at 76) but will await the update soon than later . Thanks Hussar2
hussar2

Postby Cymatic Support » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:28 pm

Here is a little progress update. I think the workaround is nearly ready now in Cymatic Trader. It is currently being tested, prior to being released. The release will be done as soon as possible and a message will be posted here as soon as it has been done.
Cymatic Support

Postby Cymatic Support » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:35 am

The new version has now been released. Release announcement is here:

http://www.cymatic.co.uk/forum/topic1976.html#p9321
Cymatic Support

Postby hussar2 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:13 am

Hi Gavin
Thanks for update, working well on my price range - had a race in which i had to bet at 11 did not work on lay liability £14.67 for 3 ticks - had to revert to £2.00 stake so did another bet this is what i got :- failed to place bet error INVALID PROFIT RATIO bet details lay £1.88 @ 8.8 it seems around 10 and less it does not work. Hussar2
hussar2

Postby Cymatic Support » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:58 am

Hi hussar2,

Thanks for letting me know, I'll look into that now.
Cymatic Support

Next

Return to Announcements by Cymatic