No video?

For software support - get help from Cymatic and the community

Re: No video?

Postby pnr8uk » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:50 pm

Hi Gavin

Any news on this, I am finding it increasingly difficult to trade/use Cymatic without video.

This is a little bit frustrating now and I understand your problems with Betfair too, but I am really struggling to use the product at the moment.

Kind regards

Paul
pnr8uk

Postby Gavin » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:55 pm

Hi Paul,

I am sorry for the difficulty. I am still working on it but it is complicated by the fact that the Microsoft component is still not properly ready (it is in 'preview' / pre-release' mode) and so I'm having to work around lots of things to try to make it work robustly. I already have it working with Edge Canary on my development PC, but there are some issues to overcome before I can publish it confidently. Edge Canary is not really intended for end-users, but I am experimenting with trying to offer that as an intermediary option.

In the meantime, the best option is really to use a Chrome browser to watch the videos directly on the Betfair website.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby pnr8uk » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:53 am

Thanks Gavin, believe me I understand the frustration with Microsoft when developing anything!

I do have the video but I don't like two screens anymore as I find them a distraction, which is what happened to me on Monday I was distracted by having to come out of the zone.

Fingers crossed MS can move quickly but I won't hold my breath.

Keep up the good work, I'll 100% sure come back to Cymatic when the video is resolved.

All the best

Paul
pnr8uk

Postby Gavin » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:12 pm

Thanks Paul, cheers.

I'm busy working at it again today and making some progress.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby pnr8uk » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:01 pm

How's the video support coming along. As much as I like Fairbot it's not Cymatic, trading horses in Cymatic is so much easier.

Any updates greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Paul
pnr8uk

Postby Gavin » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:41 pm

Hi Paul,

I've been pulling my hair out this week with the required new Microsoft component which isn't publishing correctly. As the new Microsoft component is so new and still in prerelease from Microsoft, it has bugs that affect the ability to publish it. I've been reporting bugs to Microsoft and trying to work around them in my code in the hope of releasing a new version of Cymatic without waiting for Microsoft to fix things. Their next update is due this month, but I'm not sure if they will include the salient fixes. I've been working day and half the night this week to get beyond this, so hopefully I'll succeed soon before I go insane!

Otherwise, the other parts of the code are looking good and the videos work as hoped. I just need to overcome the publishing problem really.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:00 am

Hi Paul,

I think I've solved those problems now. So I should be able to release a new version soon.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby pnr8uk » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:41 am

That is great news Gavin, I knew you would crack it.

Be a huge relief to come back to Cymatic :)

Cheers

Paul
pnr8uk

Postby Gavin » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:27 am

Hi Paul,

Cymatic version 6.33.0.22 has now been released to fix the video problem that arose when Betfair changed the video streaming service without prior warning. Thanks for your patience whilst this new version was programmed, which also involved waiting for a new component to be released by Microsoft. :ugeek:

As usual, the Cymatic software will automatically update itself next time to you open it.

The first time you try to open a video in the new Cymatic software version, it will ask for permission to download and install a new component called Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime. Just click yes and it will download and install automatically. This is the new component provided by Microsoft, that Cymatic uses to display videos now.

Happy trading,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Help / Support