Switch to full style
For software support - get help from Cymatic and the community
Post a reply

Quick Q

Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:55 am

Hello,

I am looking for an automated service provider that I can do the following with:

1. Upload a list of potential races (which i would manually identify and import. Lets say for example its just the 14:10 Doncaster that qualifies) and multiple potential named horse selections from each of these races (i.e there could be a 9 runners in this race but I am only specifically interested in, lets say, three potential qualifiers. We’ll call them Red Rum, Frankel and Altior just for illustration purposes) and i’d want an automated lay bet placed on the third favourite (so long as its one of my potential qualifiers, in this example its either Red Rum, Frankel or Altior and no bet if any others) and its odds must be under 10.0.

2. Another system where by it is selected races (which i identify manually and can import); The selection would be the worst ranked horse (I’d manually rank them in the morning – could i import the list?) so long as it too has odds of 8.0> and so long as there are at least 2 x other horses in the race at odds of 8.0> at the off (which is the bit i\’d want the software to identify and automate the bet)

3. Then lastly, a similar one. I manually apply tissue ratings to horses in each race. If the BSP is less than the tissue price, then this is a potential ’value’ lay bet. There must be two or more value lay bets to choose from for it qualify. The odds of each must be 7.0> I’d also have the list of horses ranked in order of best to worst (which i could import manually?) so what i’d want the software to do is place a lay bet of the worst ranked ’value’ horse (which isn’t necessarily the highest odds)

I dont have any software or excel experience and i appreciate that these may be relatively complex rules, so i just want to make sure a) i’m getting the right software to facilitate automating the above systems and b) that i could potentially get help in setting the bots up?

Many thanks

Re: Quick Q

Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:38 pm

I've seen a number posts where people like to quantify what they want to do before trading. It fits in quite nicely with a project I'm in working on at the moment.

Just in the middle of downloading all last years racing results and the first three months of this years to an access database (haven't used one for at least 10 years and it's amazing how much you can forget). Anyway, the object of it is to load todays runners into Excel so that their performance can be quantified. To date there's over 65,000 records and it'll take a day or two before I finish it off ( in between numerous fag breaks, cups of coffee etc etc).

Attached zipped sample of the output, sorted A-Z and by date.

Lots of potential, like getting Cymatic to identify each runner in the list so that it can automatically back/lay as required.( I've got several ideas of my own that I won't list here!)

cheers,Nigel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:31 pm

Hi sneakglee,

All of that can be done, with the possible exception of the bit about SP prices. SP prices are not yet included in the Excel data, although I'm hoping to add them soon, along with stall number and cloth number which another user has asked for. nig299 (Nigel) has done some very good stuff in Excel for other users.

I usually suggest people to just estimate the SP themselves, by taking the mid price, quite close to the off. Obviously it isn't perfect, but on average it would probably be a good approximation of the SP over many races. Once I get Betfair's projected SP added to Excel, that will be good though.

Nice data in the spreadsheet there Nigel.

Kind regards,

Gavin

Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:08 am

nig299 wrote:I've seen a number posts where people like to quantify what they want to do before trading. It fits in quite nicely with a project I'm in working on at the moment.

Just in the middle of downloading all last years racing results and the first three months of this years to an access database (haven't used one for at least 10 years and it's amazing how much you can forget). Anyway, the object of it is to load todays runners into Excel so that their performance can be quantified. To date there's over 65,000 records and it'll take a day or two before I finish it off ( in between numerous fag breaks, cups of coffee etc etc).

Attached zipped sample of the output, sorted A-Z and by date.

Lots of potential, like getting Cymatic to identify each runner in the list so that it can automatically back/lay as required.( I've got several ideas of my own that I won't list here!)

cheers,Nigel

Have you got access to timeform api or just parse data from web site?

Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:17 am

I get the data from a racing site which has a ton of data available to download in spreadsheet form.

If it's ok with Gavin I can post the name here.

Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:29 am

Would be keen to see which site you use.

Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:22 am

pnr8uk wrote:Would be keen to see which site you use.

I thought I actually stated that, when asking about timeform, yes I parse web pages only as I cannot afford to buy their api access. So I wondered if you have got access to api, you can pay for it.

Some part of api is available, but that is not detail data about race, just quick pick they called that. I programmed simple bot using that data.

Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:30 am

I can't see the site referenced anywhere?

Can you repost the site?

Cheers

Paul

Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:32 am

nig299 wrote:I get the data from a racing site which has a ton of data available to download in spreadsheet form.

If it's ok with Gavin I can post the name here.

Hi bud I would be very keen to know which site you use to get this data.

All the best

Paul

Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:57 pm

The data I get the info from is here:

https://www.horseracebase.com/horse-racing-results.php
Post a reply