Gap in odds inAustralian horse market

For software support - get help from Cymatic and the community

Gap in odds inAustralian horse market

Postby Mweyawa » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:54 am

Hi Gavin,
I've just noticed that in test mode on the Australian horse markets, there can be sometimes a very large gap in the odds between Cymatic and Betfair. This persists even if you keep refreshing the Betfair site. So if I was to place a bet on Cymatic, which odds would I get? Obviously, it is critical to know this before I can go "live". Many thanks, David
Mweyawa

Re: Gap in odds inAustralian horse market

Postby Gavin » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:09 pm

Hi David,

You probably just need to turn on the 'Virtual Prices' setting, which you'll find by going to : File Menu | Settings | API Refresh tab.

Betfair use cross-matching to offer tighter prices, so if you turn on the above mentioned setting then you will see the tighter prices in Cymatic, the same as you see on the Betfair website.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Mweyawa » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:46 am

Hi Gavin, thank you for that. However, the "Include Virtual Prices" is already switched on (i.e., ticked). I have just checked using Live Mode instead of Training Mode on Cymatic in case that was the problem - but there is still a discrepancy which is not explained by Cymatic and Betfair inevitably updating prices or refreshing at slightly different times.

I also noticed yesterday in Training Mode that the winner comes up quicker on Cymatic than Betfair and, if Betfair operated One Click, there would be time to put a lay bet on a certain loser on the Betfair site! But unfortunately, because of the time it takes to place a bet on the Betfair site, the opportunity passes. Many thanks, David
Mweyawa

Postby Gavin » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:50 pm

Hi David,

Ah ok. I initially thought you meant that you saw a smaller gap between the back and lay front prices on the website, than in the software. I now realise that you were referring to a gap in time between refreshing when prices get refreshed.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to General Help / Support