Traded volume when switching selections - FIXED

If you think you've found a mistake in the software, tell us here

Traded volume when switching selections - FIXED

Postby Blotman » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:03 pm

Hi Gavin. A real bug(major annoyance :( ) I've found is having the traded volume get mixed up all over the place :? when switching to a new selection using the ladder drop-down. Is there no way to FIX this please :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Blotman

Re: Traded volume when switching selections

Postby Gavin » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:26 pm

Hi Blotman,

It looks to be working correctly to me and I can't reproduce the issue that you describe. Could you give any more specific information please?

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Blotman » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:05 pm

Sure, I recorded example shortly after my OP. Note specifically the Ventorous selection around 10-15secs(vol ranging to max 6.2)................and note same selection once I come back to it around the 26-28sec mark :shock: :?

https://gfycat.com/bewitchedkaleidoscopichoneyeater
Blotman

Postby Gavin » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:05 am

Hi Blotman,

Thanks, the video was very helpful and I have now been able to reproduce the problem. I will look into it further.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Blotman » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:02 pm

Cheers mate. I really hope you can sort this out. To be honest it's something I noticed a while back..but always presumed it was just an issue with the current version. But once the latest version came out and it was still very much alive :(

It's obviously not a major issue for the many who don't use the drop-down option in the single ladder....but for someone like myself who has limited screen space - with no desire to increase just to overkill with info, the simplistic single ladder setup is ideal. And I'm sure you can appreciate when one is making split second decisions in the fastest moving markets(horse racing in-play for example) just how important it is to have no mythical info on display when toggling through selections :evil: It distracts and confuses in equal measure.

And btw, while we're on the traded volume, I think I should also say that I believe the columns are beginning to look quite dated - very bulky looking with the 4fig numbers displaying in each. Surely the 4fig numbers can and should be rounded into k's? allowing for a tidier, neater display with volume bars better proportioned?

:arrow: Constructive critiques as always ;)

Blotman
Blotman

Postby Gavin » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:13 pm

Hi Blotman,

Thanks for the additional critique of the traded volume column, duly noted.

I am nearly done preparing a fix for the issue affecting the traded volume when using the drop-down to switch selection. I now just need to do some testing and some other procedures I go through before releasing a software update, so should be able to do the new release quite soon.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Blotman » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:44 am

Excellent news mate :D Much appreciated. Your software currently has 95% of my love. FIX the bug with the traded volume and it jumps to 99%. Update the volume graphics to look tidier/neater and it gets all 100% :P
Blotman

Re: Traded volume when switching selections - FIXED

Postby Gavin » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:08 pm

Hi Blotman,

The new version 6.9.1.0 has now been published, specifically to fix the bug that you reported above. Thanks for your patience and for bringing it to my attention :)

The software will automatically update itself next time you open it.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Blotman » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:48 pm

:D Cheers Gavin! Such great news. I got all excited when I hovered over the link and seen - FIXED :mrgreen:

Thanks again for the (relatively :lol: ) quick fix. So good to finally be able to switch selection from the ladder with real confidence ;)

Onwards&upwards for Advanced Cymatic Trader! 8-)

Take care mate.
Blotman

Postby Gavin » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:12 am

Cheers Blotman!
:ugeek: :lol:
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Bugs