Multiple strategies in Excel on the same market

Questions about integrating Excel and Cymatic, programming, formulae, etc

Multiple strategies in Excel on the same market

Postby dfl » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:56 pm

Hi Gavin it’s been a while since my last confession……… in fact I first tried the software back in 2015.

And was wondering with all the developments, if I could get another free trial to check out the changes?
Or maybe you could answer 1 main question, can I now run more than 1 spread sheet at a time ? that is run several spread sheets with a different strategy
On each sheet on the same market? and different accounts on betfair?
Thanks
Dave
dfl

Re: Multiple strategies in Excel on the same market

Postby Gavin » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:49 pm

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your message. Yes, no problem. I have now applied a free trial lasting about a week, commencing immediately and expiring at midnight on 14th November.

Yes you can run multiple strategies on the same market, each in a totally different Excel spreadsheet (workbook):

1. Open the market in the main Cymatic window. Connect it to Excel
2. Open the same market in a new grid windows (by right clicking the market name in the navigator and choosing 'New Grid').
3. The second probably won't show any prices, because the software thinks that the market should just be open in the first window and so ignores the second grid window. However you can override that and stimulate the software to respect both windows, by simply opening another unrelated market in a third window, then you will see the respective prices in all the open windows. Then close the third unrelated window.
4. Then connect the second window to Excel, but not to the first spreadsheet, you can use a completely different workbook. Choose a blank Workbook name in the 'Connect to Excel' window (or choose a specific file name if you want to use a saved spreadsheet). Alternatively you can just use the same workbook but use different worksheets, Cymatic, Cymatic2, Cymatic3 etc, all containing the same market (but linked to it via different grid windows).

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Excel - Help / Support