Odds jumping when placing back bet on ladder

For software support - get help from Cymatic and the community

Odds jumping when placing back bet on ladder

Postby Mweyawa » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:54 pm

Hi Gavin. I am working in Training mode and only placing £2 stakes. Quite often, when a back bet is taken on the ladder, the odds will jump 1 or 2 ticks and stay there. At first, I thought this was coincidence but it happens far too often for that. I watch quite a few 'live' ladder trades on video, presumably on different software, but they don't seem to have that problem. Is this supposed to happen, or is there a problem on my software? Many thanks, David
Mweyawa

Re: Odds jumping when placing back bet on ladder

Postby Gavin » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:34 pm

Hi Mweyawa,

The prices/odds jumping up and down can be caused by a data restriction that Betfair applies to unfunded accounts, or to accounts that are using prices for too long without making bets with real money. This has already been discussed in the forum, here:

http://www.cymatic.co.uk/forum/topic986-10.html#p4840

Perhaps that explains it.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Mweyawa » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:22 pm

Hi Gavin, thanks for that. I have placed some live bets today, and they have been deducted from my Betfair account, and the bets are recorded on my account. But I'm still not happy the ladder is reacting correctly, and I'm loathe to place any more bets until I am sure. I tried phoning Betfair to check if I have a data restriction, but it has discontinued its customer support phoneline and we can now only message them. I tried to get thro' but all it says is that its agents are busy, and to try again later. There is no queue system and there appears to be no way to leave a message. Do you have a way to contact them? If so, could you possibly check? In case you need to know, I have £844 in my account. Many thanks for any help you can give.
Mweyawa

Postby Gavin » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:29 pm

Does it happen when you are logged in using real money, or just in the demo mode?

Betfair can be contacted on Twitter:
@BetfairCS

If Betfair confirms that your account is not subject to a restriction, then I wonder if you might be able to send me a video of the issue you are describing please?

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Mweyawa » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:11 am

Hi Gavin. I finally managed to get hold of Betfair but had to go to its Resolution (or complaints) section which acted very quickly. There is no data restriction on my account, so I will have to video a screen shot for you, but I'm not set up to do that. Which free system would you recommend for videoing the screen? Many thanks, David
Mweyawa

Postby Gavin » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:17 pm

Hi David,

Thanks. A really simply way to record your screen for a few seconds, would be to create a .GIF file using this free software:

https://www.screentogif.com/

Then you could just send the GIF file for me to watch.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to General Help / Support