Offset not firing

Questions about integrating Excel and Cymatic, programming, formulae, etc

Offset not firing

Postby Bedouin » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:02 pm

Hi

I've noticed problems where once my initial bet is matched but the offset i've programmed is sometimes has not triggered. I've been using the following command:

"Lay Offset2 Take-SP Stoploss4 FILLORKILL20 Green"

Tried increasing balance and stakes to £2.00 to ensure minumum levels but still occasionally occurring, can't see anything in the error stats either.

Thanks

Rob
Bedouin

Re: Offset not firing

Postby Gavin » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:57 pm

Hi Rob,

'Take SP' would probably cause the bet to be rejected at Betfair, if the race has already gone in-play.

Have a look in the 'Status Log' tab to see of there were any specific errors reported.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Bedouin » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:11 pm

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for the advice, bets are fired a couple of minutes before the off on UK horse races, also the take SP command is not always followed.

Checked the status log and all it says is "no lapsed / settled / voided bets available to download..."

Any ideas?

Rgds

Rob
Bedouin

Postby Gavin » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:10 pm

Hi Rob,

I'm not sure if I have explained it clearly. If the initial bet is not matched until the race starts (so it takes the SP), then the second bet will fail (the offset bet) because the second bet is submitted once the race is already in-play. No bets can be submitted in-play with the setting 'Take SP', after the race has started. So even if the first bet is submitted to the exchange before the race starts, the second bet could fail because it doesn't get submitted until the first bet is matched.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Bedouin » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:47 am

Hi Gavin,

All initial bets have been matched a couple of minutes before inplay, so from what you are saying i don't think the take sp command is having an impact on the offset.

Rgds

Rob
Bedouin

Postby Gavin » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:38 pm

Hi Rob,

Here is a conversation with another user who is reporting a similar problem.

Please try the suggestion that I posted here:

Try increasing the conflation setting to make connection to Betfair more stable.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Bedouin » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:39 pm

Hi Gavin

Tried changng the conflation first to 300ms then to 500ms, but still getting issues.

I did manage to get an error report when one of the bets failed as follows:

Roundtrip time is slow
ERROR reading account funds. The remote name could not be resolved: 'api.betfair.com'
Failed to place bet: ERROR_IN_ORDER

Rgds

Rob
Bedouin

Postby Bedouin » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:55 pm

Hi Gavin

Any advice?

Thanks

Rob
Bedouin

Postby Gavin » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:39 pm

Hi Rob,

It certainly looks like ERROR_IN_ORDER is the relevant message. Now we just need to figure out what was wrong with the order. Betfair's documentation simply states: "The action failed because the parent order failed", which doesn't answer the question because it doesn't state the inner reason. There are various ways the this message could occur, for example, please see these discussions:

1. Insufficient funds causing ERROR_IN_ORDER
2. Trying to place lay bets in Germany, or sending bets from other jurisdictions that are not permitted.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Bedouin » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:45 pm

Thanks for response but I'm in the UK and there is plenty of money in the account to cover any liabilities even if increasing up to £2 min stakes.

I notice on the API monitor that 100% of my place orders are above threshold1 and 20 - 30% are above threshold2 is this something to do with it?

I've tried increasing the conflation to 500 and min gui to 400 and max gui to 1200 but still not getting this to work?

Rob
Bedouin

Next

Return to Excel - Help / Support