Offset not firing

Questions about integrating Excel and Cymatic, programming, formulae, etc

Re: Offset not firing

Postby Gavin » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:47 pm

Bedouin wrote:Hi Gavin

So went on to test without the fillkill and on the first bet the green command failed

Are you saying that the offset bet was submitted but with a level stake instead of a green stake. For example if the back bet was £10, the offset bet was also £10 (instead of its stake being slightly adjusted for greening the profit)?

Also from what you have said, I gather that 50% of the time a managed bet never appears in the managed bets tab (i.e. noting there, even immediately after sending an unmatched initial bet). However when you omit the fillorkill aspect, 100% of the bets appear in the managed bets tab.

Also you said that there is a delay of 5 seconds for the bet to be processed and confirmed into the Status column in Excel, that sounds very excessive. Then you said that the response arrives in Excel instantly if you put a =now() command in Excel. I presume you mean that you type or paste =now() into a cell instantly after the bet was submitted? Putting that in would cause the Worksheet_Calculate event to be triggered. It almost sounds as though you might have turned off the EnableEvents setting in Excel, or automatic calculation, or something similar if you have been using Visual Basic Code / Macros. Have you turned something like that off in your VBA code and then forgot to turn it back on? Application.Calculation = xlAutomatic ?

I'm still quite puzzled. Two timing things seem to be not working, fillorkill and the reporting of bet submission results into the Status column.

Have you definitely ruled out some sort of excessive delay between you and the exchange? Please look in the API Monitor tab, to see how long the PlaceBet instructions are taking to be processed. You can also turn on polling (instead of streaming), then observe the duration of the regular market price updates (ListMarketBook). I'd be interested to know what your API Monitor stats look like.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Bedouin » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:10 pm

Hi Gavin

Re Greening - my mistake it was working.

Re: delay seems worse today much longer than 5 seconds, the =Now() was inserted into the spreadsheet before betting to time the delay, however with this in the sheet there is no delay.

Changed to Polling - success!!!!!!! - 100% of bets with fillrokill were killed after the designated time.

Will run some further tests now...

Rob
Bedouin

Postby Gavin » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:23 am

Hi Rob,

That sounds interesting. I look forward to hearing the results of your tests, thanks.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Excel - Help / Support