Ending subscription

For software support - get help from Cymatic and the community

Ending subscription

Postby Thanassi » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:19 pm

My subscription was ending on the 2nd of September. I purposefully kept my bank account with no money for a week so it would end up cancelled. On the 7th of September I tried to login where I got confirmed that my subscription has ended.

The day after I deposited money into my bank account so I can pay rent and other stuff.

Today I realise that my subscription is back on again, since paypals corporate policy is to remain hooked on abuse no matter what.

How is it possible to restore order, reverse transaction and do not reactivate any subscriptions without my explicit consent?
Thanassi

Re: Ending subscription

Postby Gavin » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:26 am

Hi Thanassi,

Thanks for your message. To cancel a subscription, you would really need to login to PayPal and cancel it, or ask me to cancel it if you don't have a PayPal account.

Simply removing funds from your account doesn't cancel the subscription. PayPal will re-try twice (every 5 days), then suspend your subscription after the second attempt fails (10 days). After that PayPal wouldn't try to collect the money again and the account would have remained suspended, not technically cancelled.

I hope you will understand why this makes sense. Frequently when a user misses a payment it is by accident because of no funds in their account, so it does not mean that they want to be cut off immediately without warning. Some users rely on the software for earning a living.

To ensure users understand how the system works, an email message is automatically sent out when a payment fails. It explains that it will be retried after 5 days. It is repeated again if the second attempt also fails.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to General Help / Support