Placing multiple lays on one runner

Questions about integrating Excel and Cymatic, programming, formulae, etc

Placing multiple lays on one runner

Postby grocott1988 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:34 pm

Hi,

Just wondering if there is anyway to place 5 lays into the market simultaneously on the same runner, for example;

1.05 - £10
1.04 - £10
1.03 - £10
1.02 - £10
1.01 - £10

I am fairly proficient at VBA but as of yet i cant seem to get this working.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel.
grocott1988

Re: Placing multiple lays on one runner

Postby Gavin » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:53 am

Hi Daniel,

Using a single instance of Cymatic with a single instance of Excel, you can't issue those 5 bets in the exact same instant. You would have to iterate through them one by one using VBA. Whilst not simulataneous, they would be in close succession.

If they really have to be done in the exact same instant, then you'd need to use 5 instances of Cymatic and Excel, which I doubt is what you are seeking.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby grocott1988 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:30 am

Yeah sorry simultaneously was a little misleading, as you said I just want them in the market as quickly as possible.

The problem I seem to be encountering is that I need my code to be delayed for the bets to be placed but unfortunately with excel most VBA code stops worksheet calc. Despite my efforts with the likes of .Ontime and so on, I can only seem to manage to get one lay fired in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if it’s just a simple line of code, to help me get my head around it. I feel like the answer is right in front of me and I just can’t see it, probably spent to long focusing on it 😩.

Thanks very much for the reply,

Daniel
grocott1988

Postby Gavin » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:11 am

Maybe you will need to use the INTERSECT function to test for which cell has been updated, inside the Worksheet_Calculate event (or possibly the Worksheet_Change event). Then you can detect that your first bet has been submitted by looking at the command cells / status cell, then input your second bet and so on.

Code example of using the INTERSECT function in VBA

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby grocott1988 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:34 am

Sounds like a plan I will get on it in a second. With regards to what exactly I need to be replacing in the status area every bet? Is it just odds,stake,command or should I be removing the entire range prior to each lay?

Cheers for your help Gavin,

Sorry if I am not making any sense Ha

Daniel
grocott1988

Postby nig299 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:36 pm

Further to a spreadsheet I posted earlier, this one is similar but looks for the word "PLACED" (in capitals not lower case, change/add to suit).

If it finds the word, the bet count column (highlighted in green) will increase by 1 each time to a maximum of 5.

You have to enter "PLACED" and clear it manually each time to get it to work, but I'm sure you get the idea.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nig299

Return to Excel - Help / Support