Excel data source

Questions about integrating Excel and Cymatic, programming, formulae, etc

Excel data source

Postby towelfox » Sun May 12, 2019 9:26 am

Hi,

I think cymatic is excellent and my experience so far is very positive.

I'm currently playing with the excel integration and writing a lot of VBA to handle the data (I don't like spreadsheets or VBA but using the integration saves a lot of time reinventing the wheel).

I'm really looking to write something which helps me to interpret what appears in advanced charts so I don't have to bother actually looking at them so effectively I can take the emotions and eye strain out of the equation.

So far I've used classes to create a fast in-memory change-logged store of prices and volumes over time by reading sheet updates.

My questions though, how is the data being sent to excel from cymatic? Is there an object I can read data from rather than watching the sheet for changes? If so, does that object contain any more data than that which updates on screen?

Many thanks,
Rob
towelfox

Re: Excel data source

Postby Gavin » Sun May 12, 2019 2:22 pm

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your message. It is nice to hear that you are enjoying using Cymatic. It sounds like you are doing some really good coding using classes.

The software doesn't expose any coding objects for you to read. So what you are doing now, is the way to do it, by looking for changes by putting your code in the relevant worksheet events.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: Excel data source

Postby towelfox » Sun May 12, 2019 2:53 pm

Thanks Gavin,

I thought that might be the case but I wanted to be sure I wasn't going to miss an opportunity.

Cheers
Rob
towelfox

Return to Excel - Help / Support