How to green out and collect all the profit?

For software support - get help from Cymatic and the community

How to green out and collect all the profit?

Postby donnie79 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:41 am

I am learning to use LTD and I was trading Juventus v Udinese last night where Juventus was 4-0 up.

At this time in the ladder I had like 48 profit (on my 50 bet). I clicked to green out (on the ladder) and when I checked on Betfair i had a situation where I would get 10 if Juventus or Udinese won and like 3000 if there was a draw. But this was NOT what I wanted. I wanted to lock in my 48.

This is happening randomly.. Sometimes I get similar result and sometimes the profit is locked in (as I want it). How do I lock in the profit every time? Is this even possible from the ladder?

Thank you so much for any help!
donnie79

Re: How to green out and collect all the profit?

Postby Gavin » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:18 pm

If you click the green value near the top of the ladder window, it will choose the best price available, but that might change in the moment when your bet is being submitted and therefore not get you the price that you wanted. So to control the price at which you green up, click in the Green To column instead of the value near the top of the ladder.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby donnie79 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:05 pm

Thank you so much for your reply!

That is exactly what is confusing me.. I did click the green value at the top of the ladder but instead of locking my 48 profit and cashing out, for some reason I got only 10 for Juventus win. And I could have won like 3000 if it was draw but I wasn't interested in that.

Did this happen because of low liquidity when I tried to cash out? Or why did I only get 10 and why did I even had a chance of wining 3k for a draw?
donnie79

Postby Gavin » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:17 pm

Yes, if the liquidity momentarily vanishes then there will be a big gap between the back and lay prices and so your cash-out price will be very poor value if you use the option at the top of the ladder instead of choosing a price in the Green To column and waiting for it to hopefully be matched.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to General Help / Support