Strategy

Welcome to the enclosure. No top-hats required!

Strategy

Postby ChrisS » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:51 pm

HI Gavin & all

I had a pretty good day's trading the horse racing markets today. Getting more and more confident with software :)

My basic strategy is to try and spot the likely movements of the favorite by watching the other runners price action and the overall book percentage, and then trying to maintain overall discipline.
Hope this helps fellow users.

Cheers Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ChrisS

Re: Strategy

Postby Gavin » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:44 pm

Hi Chris,

Thanks for posting your results and giving others an insight into your strategy.

I am guessing that you are observing changes in the overall book percentage with the expectation that it should revert back to its typical level when the price of the favourite reacts to price movements in other runners. This sounds like a sensible strategy to me. I suspect it takes some practise to get the timing right on a regular basis, but your consistency certainly looks good on the screenshot, so well done.

Good luck and best wishes,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby mpcsousa » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:33 am

Hi Chris,

It seems that your strategy is a profitable one. :D Thanks for sharing it !!!

However, my strategy looks very similar, (but not my results :( ) . Just trying to "read" a little bit more and better the market!!!

In the ladder, we have a number at the upside, with the percentage. This reflects the weight or the direction of the market?
Please, can you explain to me?

Best regards, best luck, and let's keep on moving!!
mpcsousa

Postby camelanton » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:29 am

mpcsousa wrote:Hi Chris,

It seems that your strategy is a profitable one. :D Thanks for sharing it !!!

However, my strategy looks very similar, (but not my results :( ) . Just trying to "read" a little bit more and better the market!!!

In the ladder, we have a number at the upside, with the percentage. This reflects the weight or the direction of the market?
Please, can you explain to me?

Best regards, best luck, and let's keep on moving!!

I think you talk about this numbers
It is WoM - Weigth of Money. It is shows where is the more money - on the back side or on the lay side and show it in percentage way.
It is not the indicator of movement.
camelanton

Return to Horse Racing