Proxy Feature

Ideas for new features. All suggestions are very welcome, thank you.

Proxy Feature

Postby ouija » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:38 am

Hello Gavin,

Is it in your plans to include an option to use a proxy?

Thanks for Cymatic!!
ouija

Re: Proxy Feature

Postby Gavin » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:14 pm

Hi Oujia,

Thanks for your message.

That is not something I am considering. Could you please elaborate on what sort of proxy you are referring to and what the purpose of using a proxy with Cymatic would be? Thanks.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby ouija » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:01 am

Gavin wrote:Hi Oujia,

Thanks for your message.

That is not something I am considering. Could you please elaborate on what sort of proxy you are referring to and what the purpose of using a proxy with Cymatic would be? Thanks.

Kind regards,

Gavin

Hey Gavin

Usually i'm not always in a country where BF is allowed so I use a proxy set on UK wich I live in Grimsby. Usually all programs allow the use of a proxy. I'm using Proxycap now.
ouija

Postby Gavin » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:19 pm

Hi ouija,

Thank you for explaining that. Actually you can try editing the application's config file (CyTrader.exe.config) to specify your proxy. I think you would need to add the following code inside the configuration section of the file (insert it just after the <configuration> line):

Code: Select all
<system.net>
  <defaultProxy>
    <proxy
      proxyaddress="http://[your proxy address and port number]"
      bypassonlocal="false"
    />
  </defaultProxy>
</system.net>

You might find two copies of the file CyTrader.exe.config, so edit them both just to make sure it takes effect. Look inside the sub-directories here:

C:\Users\USERNAME ON PC\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\......

For example there will be sub-directory that looks something similar to this:

C:\Users\Gavin\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\5HORTPJH.Z2Y\LOOB241D.YZB\cytr..tion_e95a99aca2c10e1b_0001.0000_c1fc9295594a6cc4

and also within another sub-directory that looks similar to this:

C:\Users\Gavin\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\5HORTPJH.Z2Y\LOOB241D.YZB\cytr...exe_e95a99aca2c10e1b_0001.0000_none_2abb87c5c7b76026

The strange part of the sub-directory names that come after the ...Apps\2.0... part, will probably be slightly different on your PC.

I am not sure but I think the file might get overwritten each time there is a new version. If so, you would need to add the proxy code to the file again each time.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby CarlMacLeod » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:02 pm

Honestly I don't know much about this stuff. I wanted to set up a proxy, but in the end I settled with VPN because it looked to be much easier to do. I use it because it is much safer to browse some of the shady websites on it. The only proxy I use is the one to get access to TPB and I found them on https://avoidcensorship.org/. It always work and you do not have to do anything for it, just a simple click. I love when things are simple like that and I do not have to do some special setup because I am not good at those.
CarlMacLeod

Postby Amy99 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:07 pm

To tell you the truth, I'm not the expert as well, however I really don't understand why do you need to use vpn if you have proxies, vpn is actually more expensive and lowers your internet speed. I hate low internet speed connection, it drives me crazy. thus, i don't use vpn services, only proxy. The best option I've discovered is proxies from iproyal.com, they offer 10Gbps speed and reliable services. Moreover, they provide tech support 24/7 just in case you have any trouble with connecting or if you have any clarifications. By the way, the location can be chosen manually.
Amy99

Return to Suggestions