Fixed widths above the Grid interface

Ideas for new features. All suggestions are very welcome, thank you.

Fixed widths above the Grid interface

Postby Angelo » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:12 pm

The widths of selection area for the Stakes - both the type and the amount - is currently flexible. Would it be possible to make it fixed width?

I use a semi-automation program to open the charts and ladders for every market in turn, and it depends on fixed x,y co-ordinates.

The x,y coordinates for buttons like the Charts and Ladders w.r.to screen always changes when the (type of) Stake is changed to say, % Liability and also when the amount is changed from say, 2 to 1500.

If this can be implemented, it would be very useful for members like me. Would it be possible in the next update?

This has been a long-time wish for me, and I thought of managing it as such, still continuing to feel uncomfortable to change for every market.

Thanks.
111.jpg

222.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Angelo

Re: Fixed widths above the Grid interface

Postby Gavin » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:33 pm

Hi Angelo,

Thanks for your message, which I have been giving some thought to.

I wonder if most of the variation is caused by the stake type box, it looks like that in your picture. You can eliminate that variation by changing the stake type to be displayed as an image, rather than text. Go to the grid menu (the button with a picture of a cog), then choose Staking Type | 'Show staking type as image'.

You can also save this setting as default for all grids opened in the future. Go to File menu | Settings | Stakes and Hedging tab, where you will find a checkbox for 'Show staking type as image'. Tick the box and then click 'Save as Default'.

I doubt this is a feature that is needed by hardly any other users. I hope you are able to work with only the stake number box varying slightly, now that you can eliminate the variation in the staking type box.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Angelo » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:10 am

Thanks for the response, Gavin.

Firstly, your suggestion of using image for the stake type, purely in my point of view, has a drawback of easily being confused between Stake and Liability, since there is not much difference between those two images - just a small arrow which can easily be overlooked, or which at least requires some careful attention/interpretation every time. And secondly, even if using images, when switched from Stake to % Lay Liability, the co-ordinates do change, even when the Amount is not changed.

When testing various Systems in demo mode, I change the Amount from anywhere between 2 to 5 digits randomly (my demo Bank is 8 digit figure), and this in turn affects the coordinates even if the staking Type remains the same. [I switch between Demo and Live modes often in order that I may be within Betfair's TOS regarding data usage.]

As per my post at topic411.html#p7188 , I use multiple charts and multiple ladders extensively for every market, and manually opening them every time tends to take the fun out of Trading, and hence I use a semi-automation program to open these.

I realize I am in the minority, as not many members might be using this, and that is the reason I had been refraining from asking about this for a long time.

If it requires major change in code, I cannot ask you about this, but if it can be implemented easily, I would request you to make the fields fixed width, since it can reduce hassles for users like me, while it does not affect the other users in any way.

Thanks.
Angelo

Postby Gavin » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:42 am

Hi Angelo,

Thanks for that, I understand why you are asking. Even apparently small changes usually end up becoming quite involved and require testing and careful planning. Sorry but given the current workloads and priorities I don't expect to be able to implement a solution right now.

However, in the future when I am able to address this, it might make more sense if I try to implement an new optional feature that would enable charts and ladders to sync with the market in the main grid. So that if the user switches markets in the main grid, then all the other windows automatically switch to the corresponding runners in the new market.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Angelo » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:00 am

Hello Gavin,

Thanks for the clarification.

Yes, your intended, new feature would eliminate all these hassles. I hope you will add that feature at your earliest convenience, as discussed in the other topic.

Regards.
Angelo

Return to Suggestions