Add the Green All value to Excel - ADDED

Ideas for new features. All suggestions are very welcome, thank you.

Add the Green All value to Excel - ADDED

Postby VSab » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:18 pm

Hi Gavin

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but I couldn't find it in the Excel forum or Suggestions pages.

Can you put the Green Up value that is at the top of the selections on the Cymatic Main Dashboard Page into the Excel Spreadsheet at the top of the Green To column.

(Please see attached images for clarification - Please Note they're not from the same race they're just to clarify the Green Up value and Excel column location).

In the Dashboard image, the value I'm looking for is the £1.53 Green Up value at the top of the selections list.

I've found that simply summing the Green To values for each selection in Excel appears to be the same when only a single bet has been made on each selection.

But once multiple bets have been made across the selections in the Market the simple summation doesn't work.

The Dashboard image indicates this. Simply summing each selection's green up value (£-0.06 + £0.08) isn't close to the £1.53 at the top of the column
which I'm guessing is based on previous completed trades.

The image also indicates that I've found the sign of the Green All value to be the same eg in this case +ve but the magnitude of the value is way out:
£1.53 versus £0.02.

I'd like to use the Green Up value to drive Greening in the Spreadsheet, so that if it is beyond a threshold (+ve or -ve)
the Market can be Greened (or "Redded").

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers

!! WARNING !!

I've found that simply summing the individual Green's is DOWNRIGHT DANGEROUS and can cause a thumping loss.
e.g.
If the other selections are Lay Bets, towards the end of the race the sum of the greens on the losers add up to a large green.
However if you Green Up, all the stakes on the losing bets are removed from the profit of the Winner causing a big loss.

Images
=========================================================================================
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VSab

Re: Adding the Green All value to the Excel Spreadsheet

Postby Gavin » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:44 pm

Hi VSab,

Thanks for your message. Calculating the overall potential green position for an entire market is not possible by just summing the 'Green To' figures of each runner.

I'm not completely sure, but I think it might be possible to calculate the figure yourself (i.e. £1.53 in your example), by doing a series of calculations using the information in the Matched Bet Summary columns.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby VSab » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:22 am

Hi Gavin

Thanks for confirming that a crude summing of the individual Green values isn't correct and that I wasn't making a mistake somewhere.

I was hoping that as Cymatic already has the Market Green Up value, that you could add it to the spreadsheet in a forthcoming revision.

It would save on additional processing power (especially if VBA gets involved), ensure complete synchronicity with Cymatic's value and avoid costly mistakes on unforseen circumstances.

Meanwhile I'll explore calculating the value myself but it sounds like at best I'll get a crude estimation of the actual value.

My guess because the Matched Bet Summary contains averaged values.

Cheers
VSab

Postby Gavin » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:28 pm

Hi SVab,

Yes, I understand. It makes sense. I can't predict when I might be able to add new suggestions at the moment though.

Actually I think the averages should work fine for calculating greens. The averages are a simpler form of describing the total bets, so the maths should work out the same.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby VSab » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:15 am

Hi Gavin

Thanks for considering it.

I understand about having to prioritise your time and that even the smallest of changes needs to be back tested etc, etc, before it gets even a glimpse of being let loose.

Best Regards
VSab

Postby Gavin » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:30 am

Hi SVab,

The new feature that you suggested has now been implemented in the new version released today. The software will automatically update to the new version, the next time you open it.

The release notes can be found here:
Release notes for version 6.5.0.0

Many thanks for the suggestion and for all your patience too.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: Add the Green All value to Excel - ADDED

Postby VSab » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:30 am

Many Thanks Gavin

Much Appreciated.
VSab

Return to Suggestions