Offset using Stakes

Ideas for new features. All suggestions are very welcome, thank you.

Offset using Stakes

Postby Angelo » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:10 pm

If I Back a runner at odds of 4.4 for $11 in the Grid, and wish to Lay a stake of $22 at odds of 2.2, I need to open the Ladder interface and click in the Green To column.

Instead of opening the Ladder, is there a single-click alternative?

Currently, the Offset is for number of ticks only. If the above stake of $22 can be placed via the Offset feature, it would be easier.
Angelo

Re: Offset using Stakes

Postby Gavin » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:54 pm

Hi Angelo,

Thanks for your message.

On the grid, there is no single click way of doing that, unless you first calculate the number of ticks between the two prices and set the offset ticks setting before placing the bet.

You could create a spreadsheet that calculates the number of ticks for you. The spreadsheet could potentially place the offset bet automatically at the required number of ticks. Alternatively and simpler to program, you could just make a spreadsheet that doesn't need to be connected to Cymatic which allows you to input two prices and it then calculates the number of ticks between them and shows the you the result. Do you already have a copy of Excel?

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Angelo » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:15 am

Thanks for the reply, Gavin.

Yes, I do use Excel regularly together with Cymatic.

But, instead of going through your suggested Excel route, the Ladder method I said above seems to be more suitable to me since the ladder interface has other advantages too.

However, if in the future it is possible to include an option to place a Lay bet as per the stake, instead of number of ticks, it might be appealing to many members.

'Automatically place an Offset bet for x % of Profit' is a feature I very frequently use in another software (although I do not often use the software itself because it does not have Excel integration facility yet.)

Thanks.
Angelo

Postby Gavin » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:07 pm

Hi Angelo,

OK, thanks for the suggestion. I'll see what I can do in the future.

Best wishes,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions