Offset bets and partial matches

For software support - get help from Cymatic and the community

Offset bets and partial matches

Postby A.pratt » Tue May 08, 2018 2:41 pm

Hi there. Sometimes when I'm laying horses and I have 3 boxes ticked. Offset (3), Partial and Green. What usually happens when I click on lay a horse, it's meant to lay the horse, then back the horse 3 points up. However, sometimes when I click lay the horse, it doesn't back the horse automatically. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Can you please help me. It's putting me at big risks not knowing when it will and won't work... Thank you
A.pratt

Re: Offset bets and partial matches

Postby Gavin » Wed May 09, 2018 10:37 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your question. There are various factors that can affect this and it is unlikely to be a bug.

The most common reason for this confusion, is that there is a setting that tells the software to only send offset bets when all the partial matches exceed a certain size. If the partial matches are smaller than the setting chosen, then the offset bets are held back and sent as a single bet to correspond to the batch of small partial matches. This setting can be found via the main Cymatic window, go to File Menu | Settings | Stakes and Hedging tab, then change the value in the Tick Offset section labelled 'Stakes per batch'. Change it to £0.01 if you want every partial match to instantly trigger an offset bet regardless of the size of the partial match.

If the above explanation doesn't solve it, then please provide a bit more information to help me explain what might be occuring and the reasons for it. For example:

1. Are you submitting the orders pre-play or in-play?
2. Are the orders being matched pre-play or in-play?
3. What persistence type are you choosing? (Cancel, Keep or Take SP).
4. Are you submitting the orders on the grid, ladder or in Excel?
5. What type of markets?

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby A.pratt » Thu May 10, 2018 4:44 pm

Hi Gavin. The stakes per batch was already set to 0.01

1. The orders were done preplay. Still, sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.
2. When it works, the orders are being matched in both pre-play and in-play. But when it doesn't work, it doesn't work at all.
3. I chose "keep" but I don't think that's the problem. Like I mentioned, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. On the same market. I have to keep manually clicking it to get my money back, then trying to offset my bets all over again. By the time I do that, the odds have changed a fair bit and I'm losing money.
4. I'm submitting the orders on the grid.
5. I usually play uk horse racing, win market
A.pratt

Postby Gavin » Fri May 11, 2018 4:08 pm

Did you know that the Offset box has to be ticked prior to sending the bet? You can't change the setting after the bet has been sent. Could that explain the situation?

Bets that were sent when the offset setting was ticked become 'managed bets'. This means that the software keeps track of them in a special list and that is how it stores the offset choices for each bet. So you can look at the list of these unmatched bets in the 'Managed Bets' tab. If you send a new bet with the offset feature ticked and if the bet is unmatched it will appear in the managed bets list. Once the bet is matched, the software removes it from the managed bets list. There is no way to add or edit managed features (such as an offset) to a bet after it has been sent.

Are all the bets appearing in the managed bets list properly?

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby A.pratt » Thu May 17, 2018 4:51 pm

The offset box was always ticked prior to sending the bet.

And no, the bets weren't on the manage bets list.

It doesn't matter anymore, I found a way to fix it. As long as I place another bet as little as liability 0.1 and the bet is successfully placed, the other bets will appear on the managed bets list. So I think it's just a little glitch, but I've found a way around it without too much fuss. It happens 1/20 times on average, so no big deal. I just need to be fast and make a second minor bet. Thank you

Kind Regards,
A.pratt

Postby Gavin » Sun May 20, 2018 6:31 pm

Hi and I'm glad to hear that you've found a solution that works for you.

I haven't been able to reproduce the original problem. So if in the future you notice a more exact pattern that would enable me to reproduce it (even if intermittent) then please let me know, thanks.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:02 pm

Hi Notley,

In response the to message that you sent me:

notley wrote:hi gavin i did as you suggested and it did it straight away :( i got a failed to place bet . error market id passed as invalid message
i read the forum and the other person who is having the same problem is right it happens about 1 in 20 but if you are doing what i do which is try and get a free bet on what i fancy by putting on fair stakes for a small return then it ruins my profit. any further help will be greatly appreciated.
kind regards
neil

I need to know the exact error message please. The error message that you wrote above, does not look quite accurate. You should find the exact error message in the Status Log tab. You can highlight it with the mouse and copy (CTRL + C) and paste (CTRL + V) and send it to me here. Thanks.

What size is the offset bet? Is it less than £2?

Please also go into the Cymatic settings - File Menu | Settings | Stake sand Hegding tab. Then tell me what number you have set for the Stakes per batch. Try setting this to 0.01. If it is set to 1.00, then it won't send offset bets until the sum of all the partial matches is greater than 1.00.

So perhaps the problem is occuring because of the Stakes per batch setting. In reality, that would not be an error, just a different setting needed.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Jamesuesername » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:45 pm

Hi Gavin,

Are offsetting Partial bets possible thorugh Excel automation?

Thanks in advance
Jamesuesername

Postby Gavin » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:35 am

Jamesuesername wrote:Are offsetting Partial bets possible thorugh Excel automation?

Yes, it uses the same settings (as mentioned above) to control the offsetting of partial matches, regardless of whether the initial bet was sent via Excel or not. So you don't need to specify the partial settings in the Excel command.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to General Help / Support