Excel bets not being matched when grid ones are

Questions about integrating Excel and Cymatic, programming, formulae, etc

Excel bets not being matched when grid ones are

Postby Mweyawa » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:03 am

Hi Gavin. I have been using Excel in Training mode to place lay bets in play as soon as they hit lay odds of 150. This has worked very well on the UK/Irish horse market. But I have also been testing the Australian market. I have found that, in play, almost none of the Excel bets are being matched. However, if I place the bets on the grid (using “one click”), they generally are matched, even when Excel has already placed that bet in the “Working bets” column.
The question is: in the Australian market, is the grid matching bets in Training mode that would not be matched in Live mode – in other words, Excel is placing the bets correctly, but the grid is not? Or is it vice-versa? By the way, I have been using the Excel formula you gave me, i.e., =IF(j8>=150, “LAY”, “stake”). Many thanks for your advice on this. David
Mweyawa

Re: Excel bets not being matched when grid ones are

Postby Gavin » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:51 pm

Hi Mweyawa,

Thank you for the question. I can't think of any reason why the demo bets would behave differently if placed via the grid instead of via Excel.

I will do some tests to try to reproduce what you have described.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Mweyawa » Tue May 01, 2018 10:36 am

Thank you, Gavin. I think (but I'm not sure), the same is happening in the UK/Eire market. I hadn't noticed it before because as many bets were being matched via Excel as I would have expected. But because the UK/Eire market moves much faster than the Australian one, the lay odds go from 150 to blank in the pink column so fast that I find I generally can't lay the bet manually in play quickly enough (which is why I started using Excel in the first place).

To clarify, if you wait until Excel places a bet in the "Working bets" section (i.e., it is waiting to be matched), and then manually place a bet on the grid on the SAME horse, the one in the grid will usually be matched immediately, while the one under Working bets remains unmatched. I hope this helps.
Mweyawa

Postby Gavin » Wed May 02, 2018 9:50 pm

Hi Mweyawa,

I ran a test on an in-play market this evening and submitted a demo bet using Excel and the formula mentioned. After the bet was submitted, there was a delay whilst it progressed through the in-play delay and then it appeared as a matched bet in the matched bet list beside the grid. So I wasn't able to reproduce the problem that you described.

Forgive me for asking this if it seems obvious, but what odds are you putting in the Odds column (column BB)? Are you choosing a number that is high enough to ensure that the bet gets matched if price moves quickly and goes past 150 in an instant?

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Mweyawa » Thu May 03, 2018 11:17 am

You may have solved the problem, Gavin! I assumed that the odds in BB must be the same as in the formula in BA, just as (I assume) the stake in BC must be the same as the one in BA. So the odds in BB are the highest I am prepared to accept? For sake of argument, let's assume I am prepared for the odds to go to 900, so 900 goes into BB. As the odds in the formula in BA are 150, does that mean the bet will be matched at any odds between 150 and 900? If so, that is exactly what I want. Do I have that correct? With many thanks, David.
Mweyawa

Postby Mweyawa » Thu May 03, 2018 4:10 pm

An update Gavin - I have tested your idea re. column BB in both the UK and Australian markets, and it works a treat! Many thanks. David
Mweyawa

Postby Gavin » Thu May 03, 2018 4:27 pm

Hi David,

I am glad to hear that helped. Yes, your description of how to use those columns is correct, as you have discovered.

Happy trading and kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Excel - Help / Support