Using technical indicators

Using technical analysis (Bollinger, trend lines, etc) to trade sport? Discuss it here

Using technical indicators

Postby dvwooly » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:18 am

I have tried previously to use a system based on a rigid set of rules from indicators that result from various situations on the charts.

I found that it was hard to do as I couldn't act quick enough and the indicators weren't always clear, I think this would need to be automated.

I am still going to use the technical indicators but just as a quick graphical confirmation of my trading strategy, I'm hoping to find something that I can use that basically gives me a quick guide at a glance without having to wonder about crossovers and other aspects.

Do any other people have any experiences using charts?
dvwooly

Re: Using technical indicators

Postby MobiusGrey » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:08 pm

Can see that date on this post so digging it up and dusting it off.

I come from a financial traders background, forex, spreadbetting, indicies that kind of thing. There are huge similarities to sports trading as the financials and indeed this software is what has drawn my attention to it. It's very similar to the software from the spreadbetting world, the charts using candles, the ability to use bolly bands, MAs, trend lines etc. For what it's worth you're better off with pure price action. The price is what matters not some lagging indicator. Watch the price, look at round numbers, look at area of support and resistance, support and resistance is where you'll make the money, as soon as one of those psychological barriers pops get your money in and out as fast as you can ;)
MobiusGrey

Postby cymaluv » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:24 am

Resurrecting this topic again.
Anyone found any useful indicators for football/soccer ?

The only one i find interesting is rate of change, but i'm just a starter in this and maybe i don't know at what should i look
cymaluv

Postby Gavin » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:53 pm

Hi cymaluv,

In case you haven't already found it, I thought I'd mention that the Football Odds Predictor is certainly something to look at when getting into football/soccer trading. It is not a chart based technical indicator, but you might find it gives a good indication of the probable direction that price should be heading towards. Then you can use that information to help give extra weight to your decisions.

http://www.cymatic.co.uk/UserManual/FootballOddsPredictor.aspx

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Technical Analysis