Does Betfair have a minimum win amount or do they round down

Ask anything without feeling silly. Beginners are very welcome!

Does Betfair have a minimum win amount or do they round down

Postby ThomasAJ » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:57 am

Hi

Hm I probably don't know how this betting on both sides works.

I started the robot and the stake is $2. As you can see below by following the time-stamp a Lay @ 2.54 (18:39:27) followed by a Back @ 2.56 was made. I thought that is a profit but my account statement showed no profit.
Then a Back @ 2.54 (18:39:39) followed by a Lay @ 2.52 was made. No profit.
Ignore Back 18:39:42
Then a Back @ 3.05 (18:42:09) followed by a Lay @ 3.00 was made. No profit.
Ignore Back 18:42:25

Do I have to cash-out or close off or something like that? I thought each pair of back high / lay low pair matches generated a profit?

Also in the vertical graph area during pre-race I had a green $7+ near the red X. I thought this was profit already in the bank? But at the end of the race in the statement area each Back/Lay pair netted $zero. BTW I realize I must have been dreaming as how could it possible be $7+ green with such small bets.
(The 2 'Ignore Backs' above were losses as the horse loss but I know I mucked up as I think I cancelled pending lay bets not realizing that the 2 back bets were already matched.)

BetHist01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ThomasAJ

Re: Does Betfair have a minimum win amount or do they round

Postby Gavin » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:20 am

Unless you green up (which works the same as clicking 'Cash Out' on the Betfair website) then you will only realise the profit if the selection wins.

To in your example, if you built up £7 of potential profit by doing several trades on one selection, you would only get that profit it the selection won the race.

Look at the grid interface (where each horse is shown in a separate row in the main window). You would have seen £7 on one horse and zero on the others (assuming you had only being betting on one horse).

Greening up spreads that potential profits across all selections, thus guaranteeing you win money regardless of which horse wins.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby ThomasAJ » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:43 am

Thanks Gavin

Apologies for the really dumb Q as I'm not normally so thick.

Now I remember (24 hrs later) that I ran the robot on 2 runners (different races AND the first time I had run the robots).

The first runner won and the second did not.

I won $s on the first and was confused as to why the second did not get me $s.

ha ha ha :oops:
ThomasAJ

Postby Gavin » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:56 am

No problem :)
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Newbie Island