Singapore and Hong Kong races not/are showing strangeness.

Ask anything without feeling silly. Beginners are very welcome!

Singapore and Hong Kong races not/are showing strangeness.

Postby ThomasAJ » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:24 am

18 Feb 2018

Navigator tab > Horse Racing node
HKG node shows Winning Distance >
Happy Valley > 15:00 How Far
Sha Tin > 15:00 Winning Distance

SIN node shows ALL races

Filters tab > Horse > Search Events
18 Feb 2018 in Starts after/before
Market Type Win
Race Type Flat
Countries SG and HK
Results.... Try different search criteria

Cymatic01.jpg

Cymatic02.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ThomasAJ

Re: Singapore and Hong Kong races not/are showing strangenes

Postby Gavin » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:06 am

Those 2 markets appear to have been left in the menu by Betfair accidentally and forgotten. I clicked on them to view them. It at it shows that they occurred on dates in the past. It looks like Betfair forgot to close those markets and delete them.

There are two reasons why they also didn't appear in your Filter search results, the date and the race type. So you need to change the date range and remove the tick from 'Win'.

These are not 'WIN' markets, they are RACE_WIN_DIST markets. So if you leave the race type empty (no ticks in Win or Place) then it will allow the search to find them.

HKG \ Winning Distance \ Sha Tin \ 04:00 Win Distance - this has a start date of 4th February 2018

HKG \ Winning Distance \ Happy Valley \ 04:00 How Far - this has a start date of 31st January 2018

So input either of those dates (or the entire range) to see the races in the filter results.

Both races are suspended and so can't be traded.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby ThomasAJ » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:41 am

Hi Gavin

There's quite a few topics here that we can discuss and possibly end in confusion.

So let's focus on Singapore only.

When I entered Feb 18 the Singa races were in the future. If you entered the same date just now then the Singa races have finished.

I have bet on Singa races using bookies and it seems to me they are just 'normal' races. (but I guess you re not saying they are RACE_WIN_DIST <-- you are referring to Sha Tin only I presume.)

OR are Singa races different?

BTW what is a RACE_WIN_DIST race?
ThomasAJ

Postby Gavin » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:17 pm

Hi Tom,

That is correct, I am not saying Singapore and HKG races will all be RACE_WIN_DIST, just saying that those ones we discussed were that race type instead of WIN. There may be WIN markets on the exchange for any country I would think.

RACE_WIN_DIST is just the label in the API that Betfair assigns to those types of race. I have not seen these types of races before. I presume that they are races where you are betting on the distance that a horse win by (how many lengths ahead of the other horses), or something like that, rather than betting on which horse will win.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Newbie Island