Preliminary Q. Anyone an expert in Betfair APIs using VBA?

Looking for someone to program in Excel for you?
Forum rules
Developers: Please contact Gavin to request permission before you begin posting here.

Users: For each new project, please simply post an outline of your requirements in a new topic. Thereafter you can of course liaise directly with any developer to discuss any confidential aspects of the project if you feel that is necessary (for example via email or private message). By posting publicly initially, you will be helping to create interest in Find A Developer. It will also help to show that jobs are being completed successfully and thus encourage other users. The busier it becomes the better it will be for everyone.

Cymatic is unable to do bespoke programming work for individual users, but if you post your requirements here, then other professional programmers might offer to do the work for a fee. Cymatic accepts no liability and we do not check the credentials of respondents. So please ask appropriate questions or seek references before accepting a quotation.

Please also keep in mind that after your Cymatic free trial expires, you would need a paid Cymatic subscription in order to continue using Cymatic with spreadsheets. So please don't pay for customizations to spreadsheets without realizing this possibility. Thank you.

Preliminary Q. Anyone an expert in Betfair APIs using VBA?

Postby ThomasAJ » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:23 pm

Hello

I need some work done on and off over a long time.

OK so let me explain.

If you know your stuff I have work (over a long time). BUT you need to know your stuff.

Sorry to be blunt.

Thank you

PS: I will be able to tell very quickly if you will be learning BF APIs while I am paying you.
More PS: There are many things that an experienced BF API person takes into account when developing software that an inexperienced person is NOT aware off.
ThomasAJ

Re: Preliminary Q. Anyone an expert in Betfair APIs using VB

Postby Gavin » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:58 pm

Hi ThomasAJ,

Are you able to explain a little bit more about what sort of work you want done please?

Thanks and kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby ThomasAJ » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:20 pm

Hi Gavin

Regarding more details of the work....

So usually in the corporate world when say an IT project needs outside assistance the project is already defined and only resources are needed.

In this case the project is not defined because I am a newbie to Betfair.

My idea is to touch base with an experienced BF API and VBA person first because if I cannot find such a person then I won't waste time thinking of let's say "what ifs" - if you know what I mean.

But if I do find such a person then bit by bit as I progress with BF related activities I will call on their expertise to do some programming.

So this is the reverse of the normal process but I hope you can see where I am coming from.

Many thanks
Tom
ThomasAJ

Postby Gavin » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:32 pm

Hi Tom,

OK thanks for giving more details. I am so busy working on Cymatic that I don't think I can help, but hopefully a third party coder might come forward and liaise with you.

Good luck and happy trading,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby ThomasAJ » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:02 am

Hi Gavin

BTW what areas of Cymatic are you working on? Or is that commercial in confidence?

C'mon just a hint :D
ThomasAJ

Postby Gavin » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:05 am

I have been promising to add net stakes hedging ('free bets') and other staking options such as % of bankroll, so I am hoping those will be the next features to be added soon.

A lot of things I am hoping and planning to add but I tend to prefer to announce them at the time rather than too much in advance.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Excel - Find A Developer