Excel - InPlay High and Low odds

Questions about integrating Excel and Cymatic, programming, formulae, etc

Excel - InPlay High and Low odds

Postby rain91 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:55 am

Hi,

How can i see the in play high odds in horse racing?

Inplay high = highest odds where min. 100 GPD traded (as timeform).
rain91

Re: Excel - InPlay High and Low odds

Postby Gavin » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:27 am

Hi rain91,

You could do a reasonably accurate solution by writing some code using Excel's Visual Basic Editor.

You could put your code in the WorkSheet_Change event so that each time the worksheet changes your code would be triggered. You code could check to see if the total traded volume has increased by more than £100 at the last traded price and keeps a running total if less than £100 has been matched at the same price.

It would probably not always be 100% accurate because sometimes there will be matched volume spread across more than one price in one update of the data, even though you can only see one last traded price displayed.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby rain91 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:31 pm

Thanks.

Next questions:

1. Can i see in Spreadsheet the BSP prices / runners?

2. What is the minimum refresh rate? (In Betangel its 200 ms, and its good)

3. Can i place bets with stake 0,01 USD with 4 sec delay in UK/IRe Horse racings? (as Betangel)

Thank you.
rain91

Postby Gavin » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:18 am

rain91 wrote:1. Can i see in Spreadsheet the BSP prices / runners?

No, sorry, Cymatic does not currently send the BSP price to Excel. There are plenty of reserved columns in Excel that are intended to enable sending extra data such in future versions of Cymatic. In the meantime, if it helps, you can estimate the BSP (on average fairly accurately over a number of markets, rather than totally accurately in a single market) by observing the mid-price in the moment just before the market goes in-play.

rain91 wrote:2. What is the minimum refresh rate? (In Betangel its 200 ms, and its good)

0ms (zero) if using streaming (which is the default setting in Cymatic). Prices are sent from Betfair to Cymatic instantly over a permanently open connection, as soon as they occur.

rain91 wrote:3. Can i place bets with stake 0,01 USD with 4 sec delay in UK/IRe Horse racings? (as Betangel)

You can place bets of any size even as low as 0.01 USD. Bets below the standard minimum stake are sent in 3 steps. If there is an in-play delay of 1 second, this would apply to steps 1 and 3.
Step 1, the software sends a bet for the minimum stake at safe odds (1 second delay in play).
Step 2, part of the bet is cancelled, reducing it to 0,01 USD (no delay applies for cancelling).
Step 3, the remaining part of the bet (0,01) is moved to your desired price (1 second delay in play).
So in total there would be 2 seconds of delay applied by the exchange in play, plus whatever latency there is to send the orders over the internet.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Excel - Help / Support