Autopilot trigger in Excel

For software support - get help from Cymatic and the community

Autopilot trigger in Excel

Postby Kenj » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:06 pm

Hi Gavin, I know that there have been quite a few people asking you about an excel programmable trigger. Just wondered if you any time in mind when you may be able to implement that?

Not pushing, just wondering!

Kindest regards, Ken.
Kenj

Re: Autopilot trigger

Postby Gavin » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:44 pm

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your message.

Are you referring to adding a command in Excel to make the autopilot jump forward immediately? Something along the lines of putting 'NEXT' as a command into the command column, so that the autopilot jumps forward by one race? Is that what you mean?

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Kenj » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:29 pm

Gavin, so sorry I didn't see your reply.
Yes, that is exactly what I meant. Where I could fire off a "NEXT" command when all the criteria on the excel sheet were met.
That would be brilliant!
I presume this "NEXT" command is not already available is it? Kind of idiotic thing I would do to miss an updated command list.

Kind regards, Ken.
Kenj

Postby Gavin » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:28 am

Hi Ken,

That is correct, the NEXT command is not yet included. I will see what I can do to add it as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Kenj » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:45 pm

Hi Gavin, that would be really good thank you.
Kenj

Re: Autopilot trigger in Excel

Postby Gavin » Mon May 11, 2020 4:27 pm

I have been working towards adding a 'NEXT' command for use in Excel, as requested by users. It would send a message to Cymatic from Excel to cause the autopilot to jump forward to the next market, i.e. the same as clicking the autopilot's next button in Cymatic.

The purpose of this would be to enable users to control the autopilot themselves and thus build (within Excel) their own conditions determining when to move forward to the next race. For example to make it jump forward at a specified time before/after the race starts, or after a specified number of bets have been matched, or if the liquidity is too low, etc. In other words, to open up the full power of the autopilot, rather than being restricted to the two autopilot triggers that are built into Cymatic ('Scheduled-Start-Time' and 'End-Of-In-Play').

The implementation will probably entail making Cell BA7 the trigger cell in which your code should place the word NEXT. This cells will then become a special trigger cell for use by any other special new commands in the future. This ensures that the command cells on the runner rows are kept free for betting commands. It would also avoid the NEXT command going into an infinite loop if you chose the option to clear the status cells automatically upon loading a new market.

Is anyone using cell BA7 for other purposes?

Does this new feature sound of interest to folks? Any feedback would be welcomed, especially at this early stage whilst I am designed it.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Tjoewie90 » Tue May 12, 2020 4:58 pm

Hi Gavin,

Adding the "Next" button in Excel sounds like a wonderful idea! It would save me a great deal of trouble in Python coding, selecting the next market at the moment using my own code..
May save you a lot of coding as well, making it possible to create our own triggers. Sounds good!
BA7 is not in use at the moment,I use a separate sheet for all my calculations.
What may be even more interesting, is also synching the complete list of markets which have been selected in the "autoselect", so I could also trigger the "next" command when the next race in the list is scheduled to start?

Kind regards,
Joy
Tjoewie90

Postby Gavin » Tue May 12, 2020 8:24 pm

Hi Joy,

Thanks for your feedback an I'm really glad that the new feature might be useful to you.

Regarding presenting the list of the autopilot markets in Excel, that is an interesting idea. However, I think there may be some ways that you can already do that, without too much difficulty. Here are some options:

1. Quickly iterate all the races at the start of the day, just to briefly populate each race one at a time in Excel. That way you could use an Excel macro / VBA code, to log the details of each race in a column in a spare worksheet. Iterating the races could either be done manually using the Next button in Tools (the Arrow button) or using the NEXT command when it is implemented in the next software release. Once you've log the desired list of races, just set the autopilot back to the first race if you are ready to start trading.

2. Another perhaps simpler option would be to have two instance of Cymatic open, one pointing to the current race and one pointing to the next race. Then first instance can query the race time of the second instance (easy if they are in different worksheets in the same workbook) in order to get the time of the next race.

In the option 2 above, the second instance could be set to use the built-in 'Scheduled-Start-Time' autopilot trigger, which would ensure that the second instance shows the next race once the current race reaches its scheduled start time. Alternatively you could do it even better once the NEXT command is made available, because you could write your own trigger for the second instance, to make sure that it is always one race ahead (even before the scheduled start time of the first instance occurs if you want to).

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Tue May 26, 2020 10:59 am

Good morning,

This is just to advise that the NEXT command was added a while ago in one of the recent updates (v6.14.0.0 onwards).

Thanks again for suggesting it. It is a nice feature.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to General Help / Support