Hide balance

Ideas for new features. All suggestions are very welcome, thank you.

Hide balance

Postby algotrader » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:21 pm

Hi Gavin,

thank you for all your work with Cymatic. I have a tiny suggestion which may seem pretty useless and stupid to most users. I would appreciate the option to hide/toggle Account balance field. I use to never look at the current balance or P/L during my trading session. It forces me to constantly recount how much I won/lost and that´s really distracting / potentially influencing my trading habits. It is a very modest update so as I´m sure it will not be important for many, you could still find some time to have a look at it. Thank you in advance
algotrader

Re: Hide balance

Postby adenlark » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:30 pm

+1 for the same reasons
Wealth can neither be created nor destroyed. It is simply transferred from one illusion to another. - some guy on the internet
adenlark

Postby Gavin » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:36 pm

Hi algotrader and adenlark,

Thanks for your comments.

Please see the previous reply mentioned here Option to hide wallet

So I feel that the balance must be prominently displayed at all times in order to comply with the Gambling Commission's rules on betting software. I might be being overly cautious in my interpretation of the rules, but I'd rather feel confident that the software is always fully compliant. Of course, if in the future I discover that I have interpreted this rule incorrectly then I'd be happy to oblige and implement an option to hide the balance. I hope you understand.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby algotrader » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:19 am

Thank you for your answer, I see your point. Not sure how I overlook this same topic from two years ago.

I feel like Geeks Toy has this option built-in, but can´t confirm as I don´t have a valid subscription (it´been well over a year I used it last time, so it could change meanwhile).

I might just put a sticky note on my screen for now :lol:

Thank you
algotrader

Postby Gavin » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:44 pm

I found a way that you can hide it already in Cymatic! So, without wishing to encourage people to hide it, here is a solution to your question:

Go to the File Menu | Layout | Show Account Funds | In Events Column.

Then hide the events column by clicking the little button with two arrow on it << (the one next to the little TV / Video button, not the one in the top right corner of the main window).

This will hide the list of markets and the balance. You will still see the market you are trading and the lists of bets.

Then when you want to see the markets list again, just click the >> button to reveal it again.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:46 pm

P.S. You can still reveal the Tools Panel, by moving it out of the Events Column. Go to File Menu | Layout | Show Tools | Above Grid.
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions