lay at odds 1000

Chat about anything else unrelated and just hang-out

lay at odds 1000

Postby faris » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:20 am

Hi Gavin,
In horse racing I want to lay a falling or pulled up horse at odd of 1000 but I want my bet be placed faster than the rest in which it will be matched first.
Is there an option I could set up to do this on Cymatic.
Kind Regards
Faris
faris

Re: lay at odds 1000

Postby Gavin » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:00 pm

Hi Faris,

Thanks for your question. You have come to the right place, because Cymatic software gives you a speed advantage against other many other punters. Not only is it easier and faster to operate than the website, but it could be faster than some other software programs that might not be written with such a focus on speed. Cymatic is designed to be incredibly fast, it is not cumbersome.

A lot depends on how you want to initiate and trigger the bets.

There may be things that you could do try to to beat other punters or traders who are trying to make the same bet. Whether you choose to do any of the ideas, depends on your risk appetite and how you intend to initiate the bets.

If you intend to watch the race and click with your finger to manually send a bet, only when you see a horse fall over, then you will benefit from using fast software, but you will be in much the same situation as everyone else trying to do it.

If you want too try to use more automation to get your bet in first, then perhaps you could consider sending the lay bet at 1000 when you see price jump up quickly. For example if price was trading at 10 then suddenly jumps to 100 (or 500 or whatever you decide) then you could guess that the horse may have fallen behind or fallen over and so you send your bet at 1000 (which might be matched at a lower price, or be one of the first to lay at 1000). You could use an Excel spreadsheet to monitor the price movements and see if there has been a sudden dramatic movement. Be careful if you decide to explore using a method such as this, because there are lots of pitfalls:
1. The horse may not have actually fallen over.
2. There might just be a brief gap in the market, or no prices being offered, which makes it look like the price is high, but actually it just appears to be because there are no prices being offered lower due to a lack of liquidity. Monitor the price available to back is therefore safer than monitor the price available to lay.
3. The price available to lay is not guaranteed to be a safe price to monitor. Another punter may have made a mistake (a 'fat finger' mistake) and accidentally sent a lay bet to match all the money in the market up to a high price. If the fat finger bet was large, there could be a part of it that remains unmatched at a high price. If you automatically follow suit with your own lay bet then you will make a huge potential loss within a few seconds when price natural settles back down to where it was meant to be.

There are probably other pitfalls to this sort of method, so don't go down that route unless you have thought it all through very carefully and put some safety conditions in place if possible.

Using a Virtual Private Server (VPS) or a dedicated private server, located in a hosting centre will also give you a speed advantage compared to sending the bets from home (if you are using the automated method).

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby faris » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:31 pm

Hi Gavin,
Thanks for your quick responed and answering my question in such a great details.This is a great news that Cymatic software gives an incredibly fast speed advantage against many other punters.If I am watching the race live literally at the racing course and not through a TV using Cymatic software and Virtual Private Server (VPS) on apple Ipad pro using EE Mobile Broadband Dongles and MiFi internet net work provider which provide super fast internet.when there is a faller, there should be a minimum of 2 second between live and TV coverage for this to happen. if I lay at odds of 1000 . Would you think that I would be able to get my 1000 lay odds first in the queue or closer?.when the lay odds of the horse is drifting from say 10-100-500.

Kind Regards
Faris
faris

Postby Gavin » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:53 pm

Hi Faris,

That sounds like it would work well. I know some people make a lot of money by attending sporting events and doing something like that. I haven't ever done it myself though, so I can't give a 100% yes. I heard of one guy making millions in profit per year, doing it at tennis matches with a special hidden clicker gadget attached to his mobile phone.

I'd be keen to hear how you get on, if you try it.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby faris » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:36 pm

Hi Gavin,
Thank once again for your replay.
Best Regards
Faris
faris

Postby faris » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:21 am

Hi Gavin,
What is the best way to customize the ladder so that it will be easier for me to click at the 1000 lay odd in matter of a fraction of a second when there is a faller. When I click at the ladder icon where is written 3 that gives a maximum of the first 7 horses . How can I open all the hoses ladders and minimize them so that they could be fit one screen.
Regards
Faris
faris

Postby Gavin » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:23 pm

Hi Faris,

I think you are better off using Excel. That way you could set up either a formula or a custom button on each row, ready to send the order at 1000 with a single click, whilst still watching the middle of the market. Do you already have Excel?

To do it in the ladders might be more clicks because you'd need to hit the Page Up button (possibly a few times) to scroll quickly all the way up to 1000.

To use multiple ladders in one window, you are limited to 7. You can customize them, for example removing unwanted columns, changing the bet lists, etc as explained here:
Customize a ladder

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby faris » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:04 pm

Hi Gavin,
I must say Cymatic software is faster than Bet angle and Market feeder pro. I do not you have an Excel. would you please be kind enough to
show me how to obtain one, many thanks.
Best Regards
Faris
faris

Postby Gavin » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:10 am

Hi Faris,

You can get Microsoft Excel here, which is an outright purchase:
Download Excel

or you might find it cheaper to look at the monthly pricing option (or free for students) which gets you the whole of Microsoft Office:
Download Microsoft Office

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby faris » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:07 am

Hi Gavin,
When I buy the Micro spread Sheet excel , can you please show me That way I could set up either a formula or a custom button on each row, ready to send the order at 1000 with a single click, whilst still watching the middle of the market.
Best Regards
faris
faris

Next

Return to Random Chat