Excel - log of activity

Questions about integrating Excel and Cymatic, programming, formulae, etc

Excel - log of activity

Postby hedgeupgreen » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:27 pm

Hi,

I'm testing out some automation and wondered if there is a recommended way of reviewing activity?

I'm in demo mode.

I can see that for the current session "Current Bets" lists the matched bets - is there a way to get that into Excel for review, for example?

Also, is the best place to find out what the 'betStatus' values are from the Betfair API as I presume these are presented without modification in cymatic?

Thanks,
hedgeupgreen

Re: Excel - log of activity

Postby hedgeupgreen » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:04 pm

Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 12.39.49.png

Also, today I've had two errors using autopilot - Excel stopped updating and I noticed the following error bottom left on Cymatic - anything I could have set up incorrectly?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hedgeupgreen

Postby Gavin » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:52 pm

Hi hedgeupgreen,

Thanks for your messages.

The Bet Summary columns in Excel provide a way to see the progress of bets being matched, albeit in an aggregated format. For most strategies, those columns can even be used to deduce whether a particular single bet has been matched, assuming that your strategy only places one bet on each side of the market at a time, on each runner and doesn't place any more bets until the first bets have been matched or cancelled. That way you can work out if the most recent bet has been matched by looking at whether the total matched has changed in the bet summary columns and in also by watching if the two sides of the market has an equal matched amount in the bet summary columns.

I'm not sure what caused the error that you mentioned. Did you see anything else unusual? For example was a runner removed (non-runner) during your betting session on that race?

I wonder if it occurred during the moment when the autopilot tried to jump forward and therefore as the number of runners changed in that moment and had to be re-populated in Cymatic and Excel. Perhaps during that brief moment some overlapping data from the previous race might have caused Cymatic and Excel to get that error, although that shouldn't really cause a problem and I am just wondering aloud if something like that might have caused it.

It would help me to know which Autopilot trigger setting you were using. Was it the one that moves the autopilot forward at the end of the race or at the scheduled start time?

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby hedgeupgreen » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:53 am

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for the prompt reply, especially at this time of year!

WRT to the error, I didn't notice anything odd and no exceptions were raised in Excel (ie Macro). The autopilot was set to move after inplay ends. I'll keep my eye on it, maybe I managed to do something odd being first day using it.

Regarding the log, the strategy I'm focussing on places a lay bet with offset, something like this

LAY OFFSET10 GREEN FILLORKILL3

I'll use baby stakes on live and take the logs from that.

Best,
Ian
hedgeupgreen

Postby Gavin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:40 am

Hi Ian,

OK thanks for that information.

I have found the part of the software's code that generated the error. I am currently looking to see what might have caused that block of code to produce that error and if necessary I will make any adjustments necessary to prevent it occuring in a future version / automatic maintenance upgrade.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:45 am

Hi Ian,

What version of Excel were you using when the error appeared?

Is this error still occuring and if so, how frequently?

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Excel - Help / Support