Demo mode - Take SP and In-Play Delay

Ideas for new features. All suggestions are very welcome, thank you.

Demo mode - Take SP and In-Play Delay

Postby arsen » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:24 pm

Can I bet on starting price (SP) in demo mode?
Thanks.
arsen

Re: Demo mode

Postby Gavin » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:10 pm

Hi arsen,

Demo mode ignores the persistence setting (the setting labelled 'At In-Play' in the English version). So demo mode does not simulate the 'Take SP' persistence setting. In demo mode, unmatched bets will simply continue working in-play.

For clarity, Cymatic does not permit placing true SP bets, Cymatic only makes standard 'exchange bets'.

Standard exchange bets can be matched pre-play, but if not matched pre-play they can then either be kept, cancelled or set to 'Take SP' when the race goes in-play.

By comparison, true SP bets are a little different, once submitted they can never be cancelled and they will only be matched at the SP price, so they are never matched pre-play, they are matched at the SP price once the race starts. These sort of true SP bets can only be placed via the website, not in Cymatic in live or demo mode.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Demo Acc Bets placed at In Running to Take SP not working

Postby crstokes » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:20 pm

Ealier today Dutching 2 horses in the 12.30 Muss in the beting panel I requested to take a Higher price than quoted and if not taken then At In Running to Take SP.
When the Race went In running the SP prices were not taken but were kept in place until sometime during the race when my requested prices were taken ie. it seems to be taking the Keep option instead. Is there a specific method to input Take SP prices other than asking for higher than quoted prices?

Also why cannot I access any Betting History and/or Account Statements in Demo mode to check what payouts I actualy received
crstokes

Re: Demo Acc Bets placed at In Running to Take SP not workin

Postby Gavin » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:42 pm

Hi crstokes,

Thanks for your question.

The same question was already answered here:

Gavin wrote:Hi arsen,

Demo mode ignores the persistence setting (the setting labelled 'At In-Play' in the English version). So demo mode does not simulate the 'Take SP' persistence setting. In demo mode, unmatched bets will simply continue working in-play.

For clarity, Cymatic does not permit placing true SP bets, Cymatic only makes standard 'exchange bets'.

Standard exchange bets can be matched pre-play, but if not matched pre-play they can then either be kept, cancelled or set to 'Take SP' when the race goes in-play.

By comparison, true SP bets are a little different, once submitted they can never be cancelled and they will only be matched at the SP price, so they are never matched pre-play, they are matched at the SP price once the race starts. These sort of true SP bets can only be placed via the website, not in Cymatic in live or demo mode.

Source topic:
http://www.cymatic.co.uk/forum/topic549.html

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby crstokes » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:20 pm

So basically there is no point in having a demo account other than placing standard bets ie. we cannot try out different approaches
crstokes

Postby Gavin » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:55 pm

Demo mode has its place and is a good way to test lots of software features, without taking a risk. It does help with quite a lot of strategy testing too, but I'm afraid that the persistence of bets at the start of a race isn't one of those aspects that it simulates at present.

In the future I should be able to implement a reasonably accurate simulation of bet persistence so that demo bets appear to take the SP. Of course, even then, it will still just be a simulation because when real bets take the SP they potentially affect the calculation of the SP price at the exchange.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Take SP At In-Play and the In-Play Delay

Postby Angelo » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:33 pm

I think 'Take SP' At In-Play can be made available in the Demo mode too... Although exact BSP prices may or may not be expected to be taken, matching near-realistic BSP prices would be better.

The In-Play Delay (of 1 second) too can be incorporated in the same way for a more realistic experience in the Demo mode.

Any comments?

Thanks.
Angelo

Re: Demo mode - Take SP and In-Play Delay

Postby Gavin » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:54 pm

Hi Angelo,

Thanks for your message. I found a few other comments about the same topic, so I merged them all into this one conversation. You will see from my other answers above.

So I confirm that your two suggestions are something that I am hoping to implement in the future.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Angelo » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:58 pm

Thank You Gavin, for your consideration.

In response to a comment above, I must say the Demo mode is awesome to test various strategies, while saving plenty of real money for the user!

My suggestions above when implemented, would only be additional feathers in the cap for Cymatic! 8-)

Thanks.
Angelo

Postby Gavin » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:34 pm

Thanks Angelo, that is very nice to hear :)

Best wishes,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions