Minor visual bugs - RESOLVED

If you think you've found a mistake in the software, tell us here

Minor visual bugs - RESOLVED

Postby adenlark » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:58 pm

Hello Gavin

A couple of minor bugs:

When submitting and then cancelling a bet, the red bet marker in the grid is retained until the price is updated, or I mouse over the relevant grid button. I only noticed this as I was in a quiet market 2+ hours before the off. In a volatile market, I doubt anyone would notice this visual artefact. The bets were placed and cancelled via excel, with streaming enabled. I have not checked this when manually placing and cancelling bets. Tested with lay bets at the back price.

With my old 4:3 ratio screen, Cymatic does not correctly recognise the window size when opening multiple ladders. On my laptop with widescreen, it works perfectly. I'm waiting for this old screen to break, so I have an excuse to buy a shiny new IPS monitor...

2017-12-15 16_58_35_cr.png

Cheers

adenlark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wealth can neither be created nor destroyed. It is simply transferred from one illusion to another. - some guy on the internet
adenlark

Re: Minor visual bugs

Postby Gavin » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:50 pm

Hi Adenlark,

Well spotted and thanks for informing me! I am looking into it and will keep you updated.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:50 pm

Hi Adenlark,

I was just about to fix the problem that you described regarding the highlights not responding instantly when cancelling a demo bet in very quiet markets. I can't reproduce it though! I have tried it in completely quite markets (hours from the scheduled start time) where there are no price refreshes occurring.

I tried various methods, all in demo mode, including sending the bets from Excel and cancelling them from various methods (Excel, Ladder, Grid), but as yet I haven't been able to observe the problem that you described. The highlight always gets cleared instantly (even though the market is quiet and I didn't mouse over the grid cells either).

So I'm sorry to bother you, but could you please have another look to see if the problem still occurs and if so give me the exact steps that I could try.

Please also confirm which version of Windows you are using, or whether it is a Virtual Windows Emulator in some other operating system such as Linux. Thanks.

Thanks and Happy New Year,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:50 pm

Hi Adenlark,

I have now been able to reproduce the visual highlighting problem. It only happens when you cancel more than one bet simultaneously, for a market with very quiet prices. I should now be able to figure out how to fix it. I'll post another comment when I've fixed it.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby adenlark » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:33 pm

Hi Gavin

Sorry, I forgot to check back on the forum for a few days.

I vaguely remember placing and cancelling bets manually, and did not see any glitches - only when firing/cancelling orders in Excel - as you've discovered anyway!

Cheers

adenlark
Wealth can neither be created nor destroyed. It is simply transferred from one illusion to another. - some guy on the internet
adenlark

Postby Gavin » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:20 pm

Hi Adenlark,

I am nearly ready with a new version, sorry for the delay, a few other items appeared that I needed to include. I can confirm that the work has been done to fix the bug and so the new version will definitely solve it. I'll send another message when the new version has been published. I hope it wont be too much longer now.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:21 pm

Just to confirm that this bug was fixed some time ago, but I forgot to post a final message here just to mark this forum conversation as resolved until now.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Bugs