robot automated trading

Ask anything without feeling silly. Beginners are very welcome!

robot automated trading

Postby jay7571 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:39 pm

hi all just watched a you tube video showing robot auto trading when i try it in test mode it does not show does not show the green to stake and green to stake on the pop out window

plus can you set a virtual bank on the software
jay7571

Re: robot automated trading

Postby Gavin » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:36 pm

Hi jay7571,

The 'Green To' and 'Green To Stake' are options that can be shown or hidden on the ladder, as part of the customization options. See here:

Ladder customization (section in user manual)

All of the customizable options can be displayed or hidden using the menu in the ladder.

Sorry, there is not a virtual balance option in demo mode. There is a spreadsheet that can record the potential profit that you trade in demo mode, that you might find useful. You can find it here:

Recording profit and loss in demo mode

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby jay7571 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:53 am

hi gavin
thanks for the reply great software by the way a few questions

i am currently laying of a horse with the off set at 6 with green but i am only making maybe a 1p or breaking even how do i change it so that this does make me some sort of profit i am only using the grid mode at moment till i get use to the software

also on the sheet i gave me a link to it tells me that i won 40p on ever horse when i broke even on it and i only lay one then back it using the above settings

also i have tryed the auto bot but cant work out why it places a lay bet then place a back at 990 am i missing something

what would be the best settings ie for liquidty
and scratch

thanks
jay
jay7571

Postby Gavin » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:18 am

Hi Jay,

I can't make recommendations for what settings to use in the robot. Each user needs to find settings that suit their own appetite for risk. Furthermore, different settings would be required in different market conditions, where the liquidity and volatility will inform the decision. For example, UK racing has very different liquidity (stakes) to US racing.

The software would initially send a bet at a far off price (990) if you are sending bets below the Betfair minimum stake (£2). The software has to do a 3 step procedure to bypass the minimum stake rules. First it sends £2 bet at far off price, then it cancels part of the bet to leave just the small size that you asked for, then it moves that remaining small bet to the price you asked for.

So if you make bets >£2, it won't need to go through that procedure everytime.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby jay7571 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:22 pm

hi gavin
just a few things been using the auto robot over the weekend wwhich no luck dont seem to be making any profit on it just small minus have it set at 1000/200 on football
and different on the horse tend to do 500/100 on them seem that no matter what stake you have you only really make the same in profit have try at 25p up to £2

just out of interest on the screen shot i have added which market would you choose or would you bet on all 3
do you need to have the back side lower than the lay side or does it not matter

plus what settings would you use
i tryed the utd game today and and didnt do to well on it only lost about 50p but i think i am doing something wrong
once you in profit should you stop the bot green it up then started it again
i have watch the you tube video a good few time i get how it works but doesnt seem to work for me lol
am i missing or doing some thing wrong

thanks
jay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jay7571

Postby Gavin » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:01 pm

Hi Jay,

jay7571 wrote:do you need to have the back side lower than the lay side or does it not matter

You want to look for markets where there is not a lot of directional movement, where price has been trading in a narrow range. In theory all the ladders in your screenshot look to be suitable candidates, but you would need to watch them prior to starting the robot so that you can gauge how volatile the price movements are at the time.

I prefer not to give precise advice on what setting to use, because it is a matter of personal choice depending on your appetite for risk and because the settings should be chosen by the user to suit the market's available size and volatility at the time. Only you can judge that at the time.

It sounds like you are on the right track, just keep practising with small stakes until you feel you've got the hang of it and are making regular profits.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Newbie Island