The New Update... I wouldn't recommend it...

We love to hear your opinions and so do others!

The New Update... I wouldn't recommend it...

Postby A.pratt » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:09 pm

This program WAS good. Now it sucks! They released a new update and even when the bets are settled, it still shows that the bet hasn't been paid out, although it has been. It now says "not responding" on a regular basis. It takes up much more data now. Once you click on a trade, it takes much longer for it to process... I thought updates were meant to improve things. Obviously this update is flawed in so many ways...
A.pratt

Re: The New Update... I wouldn't recommend it...

Postby Gavin » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:17 pm

Hi A.pratt,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that the new version doesn't feel as good for you as the previous version. After such a major new release there can be teething problems in new software, despite extensive testing before release, but I've addressed the issue very quickly once they have bene reported.

A.pratt wrote:They released a new update and even when the bets are settled, it still shows that the bet hasn't been paid out, although it has been.

Are you referring to what happens when you leave a market open in the grid and keep watching it long after the market ends, waiting for it to settle? The grid is not the best place to look for that information. It is better to go to the Market Log tab, which gets updated with the profit of each market a few seconds after the market settles. Your account funds will be updated in the software automatically just after the race settles.

However if you prefer to see everything in the grid in the same way that it appeared before, just switch back to using polling instead of streaming. Streaming was added in the new version and is set as default, but you can switch back to polling if you prefer. Go to File Menu | Settings | API Refresh tab, then choose polling in the top left corner.

I'm sorry to hear that the new version doesn't feel as good as the previous version. After such a major new release there might be teething problems in new software, but I've address them very quickly once they were reported.

A.pratt wrote:Once you click on a trade, it takes much longer for it to process

I suspect that your PC and/or internet connection might be struggling a little with the extremely high rate of updates sent to it when using streaming. You can either switch back to polling as mentioned above, or continue to use streaming but just increase the conflation setting from 0 to a bigger number (try 500ms). That should take the pressure off and enable everything to work as smoothly as you were used to before.

Does that help to resolve the issues that you have been affected by?

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby A.pratt » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:07 pm

Thanks for your reply, Gavin. I've just switched to polling now, see how it goes. And also, there's another problem I've noticed. Once bets are matched, it doesn't make the matching sound, even though I've selected it in settings. Sometimes it makes the sound, sometimes it doesn't. Thanks.
A.pratt

Postby Gavin » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:52 pm

Thanks, I hope that works well for you. I have updated the user manual with a lot more information about how to fine tune streaming and polling settings, see here:
Streaming settings
Polling settings

So if at some point you decide to try streaming again (which I'd recommend because it is the better technology), then you'll be able to make it work well by adjusting the streaming settings as mentioned in the above links.

Regarding the issue where the bet matched sound is sometimes not played, I am working on that today because it was already reported by another user here:
Bet matched sound not firing
My initial tests had not been able to reproduce the issue (it must be intermittent), so today I am starting to look even deeper into the code to find out what might be causing it and hopefully I'll fix it soon.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:40 pm

A.pratt wrote:Once bets are matched, it doesn't make the matching sound, even though I've selected it in settings. Sometimes it makes the sound, sometimes it doesn't.

I have now discovered the cause of this problem and am working to fix it. It is a relatively rare occurrence, but the new version will prevent it from ever occurring again. I will release a new version with the fix very soon.

Thanks for your patience.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:50 am

The problem has now been fixed in the new version 6.0.8.0 which has now been released. Other fixes are also included in the new release, please see the link below for the full release notes:

Version 6.0.8.0 - release notes.

The software automatically updates itself when it is opened.

Thank you for reporting the error and for your patience. Do not hesitate to let me know if you have any other queries or concerns.

I hope you enjoy the software and I wish you happy trading.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Testimonials