Displaying 'Virtual prices' - RESOLVED

For software support - get help from Cymatic and the community

Displaying 'Virtual prices' - RESOLVED

Postby Gavin » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:38 pm

The Betfair website shows 'virtual prices' which they derive from cross-matching opportunities. Those virtual prices are not supplied to the API, hence the slight difference in the prices between the software and the website.

When you send a bet via the API it will still be matched by the exchange using virtual prices if there are any available (resulting in you getting a price improvement). So from a betting point of view, if you use API software then you are not missing out on the benefit of virtual prices.

I understand that virtual prices will be shown in the next generation of the Betfair API, but Betfair hasn't scheduled that for release until 2014.

Some other API software programs try to mimic the Betfair virtual prices, by using an algorithm to calculate and predict them. Cymatic software doesn't do that, it only shows genuine prices, not predicted virtual ones.

Regards,
Gavin
:ugeek:
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: Why are prices not the same as on the website?

Postby peleus » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:33 pm

I understand that virtual prices will be shown in the next generation of the Betfair API, but Betfair hasn't scheduled that for release until 2014.

My apologies ahead in bumping this. Are there any updates if there's a tentative date for this already?
We only live once. Image
peleus

Postby Gavin » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:41 pm

Hi Peleus,

The new version of the Betfair API is now available and it includes an option to include the virtual prices. I am currently upgrading the Cymatic software to use the new version of the Betfair API, but this will take a long while before I am ready to release a new version. I am hoping to complete the work in the next 6 months. Unfortunately, migrating to the new API is a huge task.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:11 am

Just to inform you that the new version of Cymatic was released this week, which now shows virtual prices from Betfair.

There is the option to switch virtual prices on / off in the Cymatic settings, in the layouts tab.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to General Help / Support