2 Step authentication, no prices showing - RESOLVED

For software support - get help from Cymatic and the community

2 Step authentication, no prices showing - RESOLVED

Postby Oddball » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:43 am

Hi, Cymatic updated itself this morning and whilst the markets and selections are displaying there are no prices showing. Following error message is received 'Error (BF_FormMain.streamingBegin) SSO Authentication - response is fail: STRONG_AUTH_CODE_REQUIRED'. Please advise. Thanks.
Oddball

Re: 2 Step authentication, no prices showing

Postby Gavin » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:10 am

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.

1. Please use the 'Standard Login' option when opening the software, not the 'Minimal Login' option. You will find these choices in the first window that opens when you start the software.

2. If the problem continues even when you are using the Standard Login option, then please go to the settings and switch back to 'Polling' instead of 'Streaming'. You will find these options from the menu in the main Cymatic window: File Menu | Settings | Api Refresh Tab, then click Polling from the option in the top left corner of the settings window, then click 'Save As Default'.

Does 1. or 2. solve this problem for you? Please confirm, thanks.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:22 am

...and I should also mention that I believe this may be occurring if you have chosen to use Betfair's 2-Step Authentication system, which is a setting of your Betfair account. Presumably the one time pass code that changes every 30 seconds is causing the some difficulty.

Turning off the 2-Step authentication on your Betfair account, would solve the problem and allow you to use streaming in Cymatic, instead of polling. Streaming is more efficient.

If you need to keep using 2-Step authentication then, please try the options mentioned in my previous message above. In the meantime, I will look into ways to make streaming compatible with 2-Step authentication.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Oddball » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:13 pm

Hi Gavin,
Thank you for the rapid reply.

I only ever use the Standard Login option so the problem was not that.

Option 2 (switching back to ‘polling’ instead of ‘streaming’) did the trick – all is well now.

I do not want to weaken the security of my Betfair account by deactivating 2-step authentication so if you could get streaming working with 2-step authentication that would be great.

Thanks again.
Oddball

Postby Gavin » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:24 pm

OK great thanks for your reply.

I have already begun liaising with Betfair to discuss whether I can get the 2-step authentication working with streaming and I will post a reply to you here again if it proves possible.

Sorry again for the inconvenience this morning and kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Error In New Release

Postby The Businessman » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:36 pm

Hi.

I have logged into Betfair through Cymatic today. My balance shows up correctly as it should. However, when I click on any market it doesn't odds or amounts traded. In the yellow bar at the bottom it says:

2017-11-11 12:30:38.447 Error (BF_FormMain.streamingBegin) SSO Authentication - response is fail: STRONG_AUTH_CODE_REQUIRED

I have tried logging out and logging back in again (I use 2-Step Authentication - is this the reason that it won't work?).

Please advise as I'd like to get some trading done today.

Thanks in advance.
The Businessman

Postby Gavin » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:53 pm

Hi The BusinessMan,

Thanks for your message and I'm sorry about the confusion.

I have moved your message to this existing discussion in the forum which explains what to do.

If you have any further queries then please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:57 pm

Anyone using 2-Step authentication, please add the one-time password to the end of your Betfair password and use the 'Minimal Login' option.

You might need to momentarily use the Standard Login or the Betfair website login, to trigger Betfair to send you the one-time password. Then cancel that Window and go to the Minimal Login option in Cymatic.

So for example, if your Betfair password is "MyBetfairPassword" and the one-time password (for 2-step authentication) is "MyOneTimePassword", you input "MyBetfairPasswordMyOneTimePassword" as you password when you login to the Minimal Login option in Cymatic.

This should make streaming prices compatible with the 2-step authentication system, but if someone could confirm whether it works I'd be most grateful.

Thanks and regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:21 pm

Betfair have confirmed that 2-step authentication is not compatible with the streaming API.

This is because the one-time passcode expires after 30 seconds and so can't be used to support automatic reconnection of the streaming API if and when a connection is temporarily lost (for example due to temporary loss of the internet connection).

So even if you manually appended the one-time passcode to your Betfair password when logging with the Cymatic software (as described above), it would still fail if a reconnection attempt was needed for the streaming API during your trading session.

So the options are to either use 2-step authentication and only use polling, or disable 2-step authentication in your Betfair account if you want to be able to use streaming.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Betbird » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:52 pm

Hi Gavin, im sorry but i had to cancel my membership, this dont work very well for me.

I use two step login, and it is NOT a option at betfair. It is national laws that tell to use two step login. It used to work, what has changed? Do betfair know that this issue make me and probably other with same problem reduce our gambling at betfair by 90%.

I am able to login without streaming but i feel im behind everyone else timewise. My bid appear alot later than my competitors in market. It feel like delay is unacceptable long. And it feels like my delay is seconds more delayed than other users.

I think you need to tell betfair to get this issue fixed, this is not acceptable.

Now i do for the most bet on tennis and football, i understand that it is a security to have delayed bids in football, but i see no reason to delay bids in a live tennisgame. It seem like some traders have less delay than other. I think everyone watch the tennis game without alot of delay, that is just a little issue but it does not help on that issue, to force in a delay for all where some software have more delay than other!

As it used to be i can be 2 seconds delayed by tv compared to one that watch tennisgame live, and i used to be close to equal on software. Now it look like that i am 2-3seconds delayed plus 2 from tv signal, so it feel like my bid is up to 5 seconds late. It takes to long time when you bid in between each ball, if your bid is up to 10 seconds delayed and you have to cancel bid before next ball is played, then you dont have time to cancel a bid and place a new to get a trade.

In Betfair system they dont want trading to concern current tennis ball, they want the one who made a bad bid at this ball to wait and see outcome of next ball so he can cancel bid so he dont buy. This is made to avoid trading. If no delay then a buyer in market will fight to take his bid before bid can be cancelled. This should mean more trades going on, and bigger revenue for betfair.

Well this is jmho, other might see it differently, also depending on sports.

I mention this because i think if you stop delay and update 5 time/second then it does not really matter if you have streaming quotes from betfair. Right?
Betbird

Next

Return to General Help / Support