2 Step authentication, no prices showing - RESOLVED

For software support - get help from Cymatic and the community

Re: 2 Step authentication, no prices showing

Postby Gavin » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:53 am

Hi Betbird,

Are you referring to the Nem-ID 2 step authentication (for users in Denmark). I think this is slightly different to the 2-step authentication that I was referring to, which is an optional system where a one-time passcode is sent to user a phones and expires after 30 seconds.

Anyway, I am not aware of there being a different in-play delay for different customers, I believe that it must be the same for everybody. What makes you think you have a different delay to other traders?

The in-play delay for submitting bets is shown in the yellow clock icon on the ladder and the grid. So you can see what delay number is being applied to the market by Betfair.

This is not something that Cymatic has any control over, the in-play betting delay is applied by Betfair.

I presume that you are referring to the in-play that applies to bets submitted in certain sports during the game. Or are you referring to the delay in the live stream video?

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:29 pm

Hi Betbird,

Just in case the new version is getting too many updates from Betfair that are causing your PC to struggle a little, please try increasing the Conflation setting from 0ms to 500ms.

You'll find it by going to the menu in the main Cymatic window:

File Menu | Settings | API Refresh tab, then you'll see it in the top left corner of the settings page.

Does that help?

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Error The market data is not loaded

Postby Cebar2000 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:25 am

Error (BF_FormMain.streamingBegin) SSO Authentication - response is fail: STRONG_AUTH_CODE_REGUIRED The market data is not loaded. Help
Cebar2000

Re: Error The market data is not loaded

Postby Gavin » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:13 am

Cebar2000 wrote:Error (BF_FormMain.streamingBegin) SSO Authentication - response is fail: STRONG_AUTH_CODE_REGUIRED The market data is not loaded. Help

Hi Cebar2000,

UPDATE (14/6/2020): Cymatic is now fully compatible with 2-step authentication and streaming.

Thanks for your message and I'm sorry for the confusion that error has caused. I have moved your message to this existing discussion in the forum that explains the problem.

As mentioned in earlier posts, Betfair's 2-step authentication is not compatible with Betfair's streaming API. So you must either:

1. turn off 2 step authentication in your Betfair account,

OR

2. Change the settings in Cymatic so that it uses 'polling' instead of 'streaming'. To do this, go to the File Menu | Settings | API Refresh tab, then choose 'Polling' in the top left corner and then click 'Save As Default'.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:58 pm

A new version of Cymatic has now been released that displays a more meaningful message error explaining that 2-Step Authentication is not compatible with the streaming API and what to do to resolve it. I hope this will avoid confusion for anyone else who tries to use the two together, now that the message is easier to understand.

The software will automatically update itself to the new version next time you open it.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: 2 Step authentication, no prices showing - RESOLVED

Postby Cymatic Support » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:31 pm

UPDATE (14th June 2020) about using 2-step authentication:

An issue has now been fixed in the new version 6.17.1.0 released on 13/6/2020. So now the program is fully compatible with 2-step authentication and can be used with streaming data at the same time.

Streaming is therefore now recommended for all users.

As usual, the software will automatically update itself to the new version next time you open it.
Cymatic Support

Previous

Return to General Help / Support