Results Recorder

Samples developed by Cymatic and others. Please share your spreadsheets here.
Forum rules
Users can post their spreadsheets here, to share with others and for discussion purposes.
If you download a spreadsheet from here, please carefully test any strategies yourself before using it with real money. Cymatic accepts no liability for any spreadsheets in this forum.
Now bring on the robots! Happy automated trading... :)

Results Recorder

Postby brumbie26 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:24 pm

Hi Guys, I made up a simple results recorder that I was using for practice and thought it might be handy for some people.

This is a basic results recorder that I've been using for following mainly lay ideas and
for just one runner per race, although It can easily be adjusted for backing and for more than one runner.
It is a bit of a work in progress so I may add from time to time.

Thanks guys..enjoy. :)

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 5083150952
brumbie26

Re: Results Recorder

Postby Gavin » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:42 pm

Hi brumbie26,

Thanks for sharing, it sounds interesting.

Happy trading and kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby brumbie26 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:13 am

I've updated and added quite a few extras. I have included a "viable?" back or a extremely viable/crap lay automaton. Both can be tweaked by the new variables in the data sheet. Just decide when you want to go into the market or for how long, decide your min/max odds etc and then sit back and have a beer.
You can now decide how many bets you want per market but I haven't got around to recording anymore than the one bet markets atm. Back robot is averaging 50/60% but low prices but can be tweaked. Lay haven't recorded as yet. More to follow but I thought I would put this out there before saturday races start..haha.
I have cannibalised the activation buttons from somewhere on here..lol...It's no oil painting but if anyone can make it a bit more refined go for it.
Sp/Ltp is recorded and lowest price in running is recorded.
Have fun.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 1241023442
brumbie26

Postby brumbie26 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:10 pm

The results sheet has been added to with Back and Lay column results/P+L
Column E over there records the lowest price the runner reached in running if you like your "DOBS"

There are various options available on the Data sheet to adapt your strategy.

There are a couple of bots included. The back bot is based on WOM, price and price movement.
The lay bet is more or less the opposite but you can adjust the prices it searches for eg:adjust max odds on data sheet and
it will only find running horses that are under 10.

It should handle multiple recordings of bets in the result sheet now. I have borrowed one or two of your buttons Gavin, I
hope you don't mind.
Essentially I have put this sheet together to record results and if that helps anyone to collect data then please
enjoy…Thanks.
New link:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 3614884785

:)
brumbie26

Postby brumbie26 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:20 am

I have sorted out a few bugs on the result page. The sp and lowest price were not always working and the count button was miscalculating. There are still a few bugs to find but this sheet compares favorably to the last lol. Apologies to everyone.

Update: a newer version is now available, see later posts at the end of this topic
brumbie26

Postby Gavin » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:06 pm

Thanks again for updating. I haven't had a chance to explore it properly, but it certainly looks like you've done some interesting work.

Well done and best wishes,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby brumbie26 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:18 pm

All good, If it helps anyone who is testing ideas :) . I must admit it's been a long time since I worked with iteration in excel and I forgot just how crazy it can send you with the circular references. There is a slight update underneath which hasn't been fully tested yet. Clearing the results should be okay now and I'm still have one or two formulaes to get straight yet: :)

Update: a newer version of this spreadsheet is now available, see later posts at the end of this topic
brumbie26

Postby brumbie26 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:09 am

Todays update. Well I think I've finally fixed the damn results page filling itself and I've added a win strike rate % in the results sheet. I adjusted the % to 88% today on the back bot with a nice 23points profit and 57% SR in Aus. (28points from 1 winner tho..lol). New Sheet:

Update: a newer version of this spreadsheet is now available, see later posts at the end of this topic
brumbie26

Postby brumbie26 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:55 am

Think that's it.

brumbie26

Postby brumbie26 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:09 am

Added Race Timer (using Gavin's formulae) and added a Progress Indicator of race (Excel 2010 onwards only).

brumbie26

Next

Return to Excel - Sample Spreadsheets