HELP WITH LAYING THE FIELD xls AND CYMATIC.

Questions about integrating Excel and Cymatic, programming, formulae, etc

HELP WITH LAYING THE FIELD xls AND CYMATIC.

Postby telstar99 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:08 pm

Hi there Gavin. Just joined recently. I'm interested in linking all the races with Lay the Field Spreadsheet and Cymatic. Currently I have it in Demo Mode. Trying to run all races but don't appear to get any bets coming through. After loading the spreadsheet I get this and a book 1 spreadsheet which appears to be going through some form of action. Yet the original spreadsheet just shows the first race when opened and nothing after that. There does not appear to be any messages of any kind just watching prices, no strong favourite showing or anything else. Can you advise anything here please, am I missing something out?
telstar99

Re: HELP WITH LAYING THE FIELD xls AND CYMATIC.

Postby Gavin » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:34 pm

Hi telstar99,

Not sure I completely understand the explanation of the problem.

Does the first race show up in Excel and display price changes?

Are you using the autopilot to step through the races or are you selecting each race manually?

Do subsequent races show price changes, runner names etc in Excel, after switching to each race in the grid one at a time.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby telstar99 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:37 pm

Hi Gavin. When I load the Excel spreadsheet I seem to get two appearing at the bottom of the screen when I click on them and have Cymatic open. I get an original xls of the very first race I tried to enter from yesterday, and then I get a workbook which looks to be operating OK. However the original sheet does not appear to be operative and show new up to date race entries and does not display any movement in prices nor does it show bet status, it is as if it has only loaded and does not appear to do anything. The work book shows all new race details, is operative, but does not show any bets struck either. The first race does not show up in the original sheet,nor does it show any price movement, but does so in the work book on both counts, so it looks like I get two sheets showing. Using Autopilot, all looks connected and activated. Don't understand what you mean by switching to the grid one at a time, I leave Autopilot to do that, but it is the two spreadsheets which perplex me. Why do I get two showing, and why does the first one not show the true workings, and the other does up to a point but does not place any bets?
What is the process for loading the excel sheets into Cymatic, am I doing this properly or am I missing something important? Thanks. Del.
telstar99

Postby telstar99 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:00 pm

Hi Gavin. Been playing around a little to try and find my error. Think it may be something to do with the loading of the Excel spreadsheet. I have been leaving the box blank where it says leave blank to create workbook. Should I be clicking onto the little folder at the right hand side and loading the Laying The Field 3 xls spreadsheet. if so, I now get it working to a point, but in the ODDS and STAKE COLUMNS I am getting these filled with #NAME?. Please advise when convenient. Thanks. Del.
telstar99

Postby Cym27 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:38 am

Hi Del.

Just in case Gavin is busy - you are connecting Excel correctly now. If you click in Cell BB8 (under "Odds") what does it contain? It should say =IF(AND($BB$4=TRUE,$J8<$BB$1,$J8>0,OR($BG$3=TRUE, $BK$2=TRUE)),$BB$2,"")

This is to be found in the white editing box to the right of "fx" above the column title letters.

Regards,

Steve.
Cym27

Postby telstar99 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:16 pm

Thanks Steve for trying to sort me out. Yes I do have the data you mention above in the stated cells. Just beginning to wonder if this should be so, as the #NAME? may be appearing prior to the races action. Here's what I have in the Green Box:-

BE1 - and others at <
BF1 3.8
BG1 #NAME?
BE2 Count
BF2 #NAME?
BG2 (incl fav)
BE3 If count >=
BF3 2.00
BG3 #NAME?

BG1,BF2 and BG3 all have the contents I am getting. Trust you can help. Many thanks. Del.
telstar99

Postby telstar99 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:59 pm

Hi Steve/Gavin. Had some more play around and I think I have solved the problem. Will not know for definite until tomorrow's round of racing. I think somewhere along the way, the Green direction boxes got contaminated, so I have scrapped the original downloaded xls spreadsheet and downloaded a further copy, which appears different to me in cells BF2 and BG3 where I somehow had #NAME? in the two boxes. Will let you know further tomorrow when I hope to be like the Phoenix, rising from the ashes! ;)
telstar99

Postby Cym27 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:58 pm

OK Del. I thought there might have been some corruption of the spreadsheet. Good luck but do ask if you have any more problems.

Regards,

Steve.
Cym27

Postby telstar99 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:46 pm

Hi Steve/Gavin whoever is available to take this further. I have discovered that I am using Excel 2003 and that appears to be the bulk of the problem. I have tried converting to a Lay the Field xlsm file as suggested by Gavin in his initial LTF thread, but still does not appear to work. I have also tried saving the spreadsheet in Open Office which looks OK but do not seem to be able to load it into Cymatic. Are there any wise men left to advise me if there is a way out for me? Thanks. Del.
PS Keep getting this #NAME? appearing in the Green box directions at BG1 BG2 and BG3 columns which affects the working sheet.
telstar99

Postby telstar99 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:36 pm

.... just been thinking..... if it comes to the crunch will I need Excel 2007 and where would I get a reliable copy and at what cost? Any thoughts which may help would be most welcome. Thanks. Del. ;)
telstar99

Next

Return to Excel - Help / Support