Green Up Function - RESOLVED

If you think you've found a mistake in the software, tell us here

Green Up Function - RESOLVED

Postby Cadmium » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:14 pm

On two occasion now I have been trading a market close to the off and have selected the TAKE SP option in case my position is not matched before the off.

When this occured I then clicked the green-up button (Scales Icon) above the grid a few seconds into the race but the program failed to act, leaving me with expensive losses on both occasions.
Cadmium

Re: Green Up Function

Postby Gavin » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:34 pm

If you are able to give more specific information for 'the program failed to act' then please elaborate further.

Please be aware that greening up will attempt to take the best price available, so if the market has just been repopulated with prices after it goes in play then the gap between the best back and lay prices could be very large, so you might end up trying to green at a very disadvantageous price. You should consider either waiting until the prices have settled back into a normal level, or use the ladder to green up at a specific price (using the Green To column) instead of relying on the scales. There is not bug / fault, the scales just need to be understood and used with some caution when prices are very volatile or thinly populated.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: Green Up Function

Postby Gavin » Thu May 31, 2018 8:29 am

As an update,

I was not able to reproduce the problem and as there was no reply from Cadmium, so I wondered if it was actually just some confusion rather than a bug. However, if you experienced the same problem, please post the details, thanks.

Please note that the Take SP function is stored in the bet, so if you send a bet without setting Take SP, then later want to apply the Take SP setting to the bet, then you must edit that bet by clicking on it. Simply changing the setting in the Tools panel (labelled 'At In-Play') won't apply to existing unmatched bets, that setting is only applied to bets at the time when they are submitted.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Bugs