robot and auto pilot

Ask anything without feeling silly. Beginners are very welcome!

robot and auto pilot

Postby mrtcnplt » Wed May 31, 2017 5:17 pm

Hello everyone,
Very new to all this stuff but very curious. I hope I can get some help here.
I have 2 questions to begin with:
1. Autopilot: I am trying to select the UK and Ire horse races. It keeps giving me the 'Try another seacrh criteria' message and it wont work. Do i do something to offend the software?
2. Robot: is there a way I can change the settings of the robot?
Thanks in advance. Lookng forward to get some info from you guys.
Baris
mrtcnplt

Re: robot and auto pilot

Postby Gavin » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:38 am

Hi Baris,

Thanks for your queries.

1. 'Try different search criteria' means that there are no races matching your choices in the autopilot. Perhaps you have chosen a country and a time during which there are no races. Try choosing the default choices, Event type 7 (Horse Racing), Countries - UK and IE and then make sure that you pick a time and date period that is long enough to include todays (or todays and tomorrows races).

2. Yes, the robot settings can be found by expanding the robot settings panel on the ladder. The panel is expanded by clicking the button with a picture of a robot on it. If that button is not visible, then go to the menu in the ladder (the button that has a picture of a cog on it) and turn on the robot button in the choices in the menu.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby mrtcnplt » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:38 am

Gavin wrote:1. 'Try different search criteria' means that there are no races matching your choices in the autopilot. Perhaps you have chosen a country and a time during which there are no races. Try choosing the default choices, Event type 7 (Horse Racing), Countries - UK and IE and then make sure that you pick a time and date period that is long enough to include todays (or todays and tomorrows races).

Gavin, That is exactly what i am doing and the result is search a different criteria. I can send you screen shots if you like.
mrtcnplt

Postby mrtcnplt » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:41 am

Gavin wrote:
2. Yes, the robot settings can be found by expanding the robot settings panel on the ladder. The panel is expanded by clicking the button with a picture of a robot on it. If that button is not visible, then go to the menu in the ladder (the button that has a picture of a cog on it) and turn on the robot button in the choices in the menu.

Kind regards,

Gavin

and for this one, i mean other settings like, can i change the default values there like trigger value, decrease from 200 to 100. can i do this from some settings menu so that i dont have to manully do it each time i open the robot menu. or change the default scratch value from 50 to 20. or change the offset digit amount of the robot?
mrtcnplt

Postby Gavin » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:35 pm

mrtcnplt wrote:
Gavin wrote:

Kind regards,

Gavin

and for this one, i mean other settings like, can i change the default values there like trigger value, decrease from 200 to 100. can i do this from some settings menu so that i dont have to manully do it each time i open the robot menu. or change the default scratch value from 50 to 20. or change the offset digit amount of the robot?

Yes, you can save the robot settings as default, so that they are automatically used next time you open a ladder (even if you close the program). Go to the menu in the ladder (the cog) then choose - Layout | Save As Default.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:38 pm

mrtcnplt wrote:
Gavin wrote:1. 'Try different search criteria' means that there are no races matching your choices in the autopilot. Perhaps you have chosen a country and a time during which there are no races. Try choosing the default choices, Event type 7 (Horse Racing), Countries - UK and IE and then make sure that you pick a time and date period that is long enough to include todays (or todays and tomorrows races).

Gavin, That is exactly what i am doing and the result is search a different criteria. I can send you screen shots if you like.

Yes, please send me a screen shots. Normally if you just click the button to open the window that offers settings to populate the robot and accept all the default settings - you will get a list of UK and IE races no problem.
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Newbie Island